RIP Robert Sherman

Walter

Reaction score
One of the geniuses of The Sherman Bros., Robert, has passed. They are responsible for such hits as "It's A Small World" and "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". As well as "Spoon full of sugar" and "One Little Spark".

You will be missed..

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
I love the Sherman Brothers. It's sad to know one is gone now :frown:
May he rest in peace. His and his brother's work will never be forgotten.

By the way, Zip-Ah-Dee-Doh-Dah is not from the Sherman Brothers. It's actually from the 1946 Disney movie Song of The South and the Sherman Brothers first worked on The Sword In The Stone at Disney's.

Walter

Reaction score
Noted. Thanks! :smile:

One Little Spark is one of(if not my favorite) Disney songs..

kyunkyua

Reaction score
That's terrible! May his legacy live on in his music.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Noted. Thanks! :smile:

One Little Spark is one of(if not my favorite) Disney songs..
You're welcome :smile:

Oh yes, One Little Spark is really great. But I think my favorite's either There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow - even though the lyrics are repetitve but it's nevertheless inspiring - or Are We Dancing.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Oh man, how very sad. :frown: He and his brother wrote some of my most favorite Classic Disney songs. Another fallen hero.

I don't know if Heaven can take much more talent these days, it must be a non-stop concert up there! I know my Big Brother is getting to play his sax with some of the greats. I actually look forward to the day when I'm 100+ years old, and I'll get to see my Brother again, and enjoy meeting old and new friends alike as well.

How I wish death didn't exist at all in the first place.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Winnie the Pooh is the only Sherman Bros. work I'm familiar with, and also grew up on. May he rest in peace. :cry:

How I wish death didn't exist at all in the first place.
If death didn't exist, the world would become too crowded, and as Earth and all other planets eventually die out, we'd be stuck miserably floating through space for all eternity.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Weird, I thought the earth would just expand to fit all the people.

Obvious statements and wise-acre responses aside, I sincerely hope you never feel how I feel.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Winnie the Pooh is the only Sherman Bros. work I'm familiar with, and also grew up on. May he rest in peace. :cry:

If death didn't exist, the world would become too crowded, and as Earth and all other planets eventually die out, we'd be stuck miserably floating through space for all eternity.
Haven't you seen Mary Poppins? It's full of their songs. If not, watch it, it'll bring out the kid in anyone. RIP Robert Sherman. I'll miss your songs.