Rocko's Modern Life

Princeton

Reaction score
I know that a lot of you dug RML, so I thought I'd start a thread. I used to love this show growing up! It had really offbeat humor, great animation, and memorable characters. My favorites were Ed and Bev Bighead. Then there were these two green creatures that were brothers and they had foreign-sounding accents, but I don't remember their names. And I also have quite a collection of Rocko merchandise as well. My two favorites are a ceramic mug shaped like Rocko and the full collection of RML pogs from Roy Rogers. Does anyone remember pogs? Whatever happened to them? I used to collect them religiously. So, who else loves Rocko?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Rocko was great, it had such a left field, completely out there comedic sense, yet it was a kid's show. I think I actually liked Rocko best, the way he was the "normal" one watching all the crazies. (Though, maybe it was his accent, hehe)

Filbert: If you guys are gonna stick around, you might wanna put on some spandex, if ya know what I mean!

::Heffer cries::

Rocko: ::sadly:: I know, Heff. I'll miss him too...

Heffer: I don't own any Spandex!

Rocko: (to Christmas Elf): You must know where to find Christmas cheer!

Elf: What do you mean?...(Lol that cracked me up every time)

Cheese: I am the cheese. I am the best character on this show.

And that episode about Spring cleaing, classic!

"It's a sick, disgusting job, sick disgusting job, sick disgusting job! But it's gotta be done!"

"You can't fight city hall! You can't fight corporate America. They are big and we are small. You can't fight city hall!"

"Don't you p-o-l-l-u-t-e, pollute the rivers or the sea, or else you're gonna get, what you deserve!"

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Oh man...Rocko was without question one of the funniest animated shows ever! I loved every episode. My favorite character was the female hippo that showed up every so often and yelled, "HOW DARE YOU!" Great show, maybe we'll get a DVD set soon.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, that would be really awesome if they had a DVD of this show. But now were going to get complaints about of Viocom being under new management at the time canceled the Old School series, heh!:smirk:

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember that neat series. And I believe it was Carlos Alazraqui's(Rocko) and Tom Kenny's(Heffer) first cartoon voices too.

CARLOS ALAZRAQUI: Rocko, Spunky, Squirmy, Leon Chameleon
TOM KENNY: Heffer, Chuck Chameleon, Bloaty, Flecko the Fly, Mr. Smitty, Really Really Big Man, Peaches
CHARLIE ADLER: Ed and Bev Bighead, Gladys Hippo, Mr. Wolfe, Grandpa Wolfe, Mr. Dupette, Mr. and Mrs. Fathead
MR. LAWRENCE: Filburt, Peter Wolfe
LINDA WALLEN: Dr. Hutchison, Mrs. Wolfe, Cindy Wolfe, Tammy Pig
DOM IRRERA: Slippy
JOE MURRAY: Ralph Bighead
KEVIN MEANY: Mother Hutchison

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I loved that show. it's one of my favorite shows next to Spongebob. It's currently airing on Nicktoons Network.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Rocko was supposed to be a kids show but some of the jokes and situations in it were definitely NOT for kids. The humour was getting on for Ren & Stimpy at some points.
Anyone remember "Grimmy"? That was another cool Nick cartoon. That and "Aaah! Real Monsters!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don;t think Grimmy was ever on Nick. It was on CBS for 2 years, but the only new thing in the second season was the theme song.

hollylime

Reaction score
Rocko was such a great show! I only have basic cable in the US so I never see it on TV anymore. I wish it available on DVD. One of many shows I feel should make it to DVD.