Romney wants to cut funding for PBS and Sesame Street

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well just remember this muffining was brought to you by the letters O and R. :wink:
Look I've already got in trouble and yelled at for muffining around here so if it happens again I'm bringing you all down with me! :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Obomney, Rombama. They're both just pawns of wall street. I honestly do not know why people think Obama is somehow independent of greedy corporate interests or severely immoral foreign and domestic policy.
The more I hear that the less I believe it. The whole "they're exactly the same" bit is getting old. There's a grain of truth to it, sure, but there wouldn't be this much discord if that were completely true. There IS a difference. Romney wins, it will be the SAME dreadful 8 years of being marginalized if you dislike anything he does. The entire government will be on his side, he'll do terrible things for the next Suckercrat to not be able to clean up after. And rest assured, there will be plenty of Freedom Fries when he bungles his way into Iran, and every single squawking head will go back to the "True Patriots shut up and let us run over you" rhetoric. Everyone complains about the president we have, and no one says a word. That accounts for something.

Not to mention the fact, and I stress this... he was a terrible governor who flip flops on policy to sucker people into voting for him. He did it here, he's doing it now. Obama's at least an apologetic wuss. And he gave us some decent things. Only good thing Bush did was move around Daylight Savings Time.

I'll admit that there's a silver lining to Mittens's Big Bird comment, and that's the fact that our feathered friend is enjoying a moment in the spotlight. The notion of cutting PBS funds, of course, is awful.
The more I think about it, the more I'm annoyed at BOTH the Reps and PBS. Their kids programming does get minimal funding, and we do have to sit through veiled commercials as "sponsorships" which are probably tax write offs anyway... but for the love of Pete, PBS... why is so much of the budget devoted to getting British drams? I mean, we ALL love Sherlock. I can't stress that it's one of the greatest things that network runs, and it got robbed at gunpoint at the Emmys. But at least put something funny on. Get a GOOD Britcom on here. No Old people who's relationship gets better with age. That's a snoozefest. Bring back Mr. Bean or something. Or at least get some of the older Dr. Whos on there. If you had a Dr. Who marathon on pledge month instead of the pleas to Senior citizens to give up their social security checks, you'd have a license to print money. People would pledge up the wazoo for some classic Who.