Roosevelt Franklin and the other Muppets

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Don Music got written out of Sesame Street because he way he would hurt himself all the time, like banging his head on his piano, for some reason, alot of kids were doing the same. So they just took him off of Sesame Street. I think for the other Sesame Street Muppets, they just didn't interest anyone. Herbert Bridsfoot was brought in to replace Kermit the Frog as the older wiser Muppet, but Herbert was too dull, so out he went.

There are many characters in shows and other things that got written off. I can't think of more examples right now. But thier are many reasons as too why they got written off, like mention already some people may found the character offensive. There are still many reasons as to why, another example is that the writers just can't think of anything for them. Maybe the writers just don't like him, a good example of that one is Fleet Scribbler from the Muppet show. Sometimes the producers or whatever are having porblems with the actors, good example of that one is when the father died on the tv show Good Times. That's the way showbiz is, in the end.

BlueAM

Reaction score
I'm a victim of soicumstance!

JJandJanice said:
Don Music got written out of Sesame Street because he way he would hurt himself all the time, like banging his head on his piano, for some reason, alot of kids were doing the same. So they just took him off of Sesame Street.
Similarly, I've noticed that the whole reason why Don Music was abandoned is similar to what happened when the Three Stooges' short films were shown on TV and the kids imitated their violent stunts. I guess that happened with those Roadrunner cartoons as well...

BlueAM

Katzi428

Reaction score
I had said this on another part of this board but I'll say it again:
Prof. Hastings was taken out because he was always falling asleep .My guess is that the powers that be on SS didn't want kids thinking all older people are like that.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I just think it's because he was boring, I mean what kids want to wacth a character that just keeps falling asleep.

BlueAM

Reaction score
Zzzzzzzzzzz....

JJandJanice said:
I just think it's because he was boring, I mean what kids want to wacth a character that just keeps falling asleep.
I certainly can see that...

BlueAM

MTMom

Reaction score
Roosevelt video?

So, does anyone know where I can get some footage of Roosevelt Franklin so my kids can see him?

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
You might want to try tape trading. Find someone who taped the SS Unpaved episodes when they appeared on Noggin and see if you can work something out with them. Roosevelt Franklin appeared in both the 1974 and 1975 season premiere episodes.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
That's one great thing for me about going this forum is the tape trading. I've been getting some great trades.