Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Is there anybody who likes this movie? Almost all reviews are negative!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I kind of always want to catch this special from the beginning. It's great because it's essentially a cross-over of Rankin Bass's classic Christmas characters with some new ones tossed in. It connects Rudolph the Red-Nosed Raindeer, Rudolph's Shiny New Year, Frosty and Crystal, and if you know the detail it connects Santa Claus is Comint to Town as well. All that's missing are the Miser Brothers and it'd be the best of all worlds rolled together.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I imagine people mainly don't like it because of how nasty everyone is to Rudolph at one point. It's just unpleasant for a long time in the story.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I imagine people mainly don't like it because of how nasty everyone is to Rudolph at one point. It's just unpleasant for a long time in the story.
That's true. I don't like Crystal Frosty's snow wife acting all nasty. I mean she was nicer to Jack Frost in her special who essentialy tried to kill Frosty!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I tried watching the Shiny New Year one, but it just wasn't enjoyable. I saw part of the Rudolph and Frosty special once when I was really little, and never saw it again.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I personally liked New Year, but I think a lot of people were minorly annoyed with Rudolph for not flying to save Happy.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I personally liked New Year, but I think a lot of people were minorly annoyed with Rudolph for not flying to save Happy.
Pretty sure they said that it would be too far to fly and Rudolph would get lost...I think...at least that's what I always thought.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen the Entire Christmas in July special. From what I've seen/remember of it, I would just call it "meh." Not good, but not horrible

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Pretty sure they said that it would be too far to fly and Rudolph would get lost...I think...at least that's what I always thought.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen the Entire Christmas in July special. From what I've seen/remember of it, I would just call it "meh." Not good, but not horrible
True, but I think that what the reviewers meant was not trying to fly to catch Aeon.