Rumor: Abby gets own segment

PuppetRebel

Reaction score
Speaking as both an avid fan and now as a father I REALLY do not like the new episodes of SST. I've watched 2. Both had went something like this:

Street Segment
Murray
Abby's School
Murray
Elmo's World
Murray
End

On top of being boring, it was really disappointing that almost half the episode is in CGI!
I was also disappointed that in the Murray Has a Little Lamb segment they didn't try to guess what the Lamb was trying to say in Spanish, we just went straight to the school.

No worries though. We have Dvds and computers for a reason. Since then my son and I have only watched SST on demand. I love the Play With Me Sesame show. On top of being some of my favorite characters being the hosts, I love the real good mix of older clips.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I said this before, but the thing that bugs me is that they only had 10 of these segments to air in every single one of the 26 episodes. The segment isn't bad at all (in fact I rather like it) but jokes about Zha Zha Gabor, references to the Ramones and all that other snappiness in the writing gets lost when you have to see it multiple times in a season, reruns excluded... and there ARE a lot of reruns to be had.

It seems they were FAR too hasty to put one segment in each episode, not thinking that reruns would be a major turn off... half of the segments had to be reran three times in a single season. Now, that's no problem with a snappy 30 second segment... but when you have a 9 minute segment, it drags the show down. Now, it's like they had one of 2 choices, either to have one segment on every episode, but have at least 13 segments (we'd be guaranteed seeing it twice, which isn't terrible) or make/use fewer segments and run them every other episode. They wanted it both ways for marketing reasons and it burned them.