Rumor: Disney to release Muppet Movie DVD

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ahhh what does she know she is a local disny store manager. I work in reatil and im uslaualy the last to hear about everything so im not really exited about this sorry guys. :smile:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
Gonzo and Rizzo hosting the DVD is a great idea and i hope the same is done for the special edition, only with Fozzie, Kermit, and Gonzo in his plumber costume.
Yeah, Kermit "hosted" the Muppet Christmas Carol menus the same way: I really wished they were both in widescreen though. Maybe we'll get commentary and behind the scenes on this like the other 2 disney releases.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
So a new muppet movie region 1 DVD is rumoured to be released? whats wrong with the current one? or are they just all sold out? I liked that DVD how it had widescreen and fullscreen, it gives a choice. The MTI Australian release was in Widescreen which I still havent bought yet.

beaker

Reaction score
SarahFraggle said:
I was at the disney store the other day and they had a whole rack 75% off, it was so cool! we got 4..
Thats not really a good indication of things...good for us fans, bad for the retail biz. Kind of like how new Palisades figures are like $2.50 in some places.

Oliver

Reaction score
I don't know why a Disney Store clerk would have anymore information on this sort of thing than anyone else.. I honestly wouldn't hold anything to what she told you. I'm sure there are many folks who would have access to insider rumors and the like before a Disney Store employee...

That said, I'm certain that a Muppet Movie DVD will eventually be coming from Disney. They purchased the franchise with the obvious intent to market on it's viability so this should really be a given. But aside from that, I really don't think this holds much weight...

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
Is this a special edition? There already is a Muppet Movie DVD out.
there is
where can i find it
shud i get it or wait for the special edition?

christyb

Reaction score
My suggestion is wait. If the new one coming out is a special edition it may have some nice goodies on it.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Uncle deadly said:
shud i get it or wait for the special edition?
I highly doubt that it will be a special edition, it will proberly just be the same as the one that Colombia/tristar has released with the only change that it will be released by Disney.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
well see i would prefer to have the original columbia tristar dvd but if the disney one has special features and so on i might get it.
But im not really for the whole disney buying the muppet things.
Maybe I should just buy both! :stick_out_tongue: