Rumor: New Sesame Street Movie in the Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For a while there, it seemed like the whole Rocco thing was becoming a once a season thing, no matter how much Elmo would protest, "Rocco is JUST a ROCK!", it never fazed Zoe, because she knew he wasn't JUST a rock, but a SPECIAL (or whatever else) rock. But yeah, in situations like those, Elmo can actually be quite tolerable when we see him lose his cool.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
There was plenty of "But Rocco's just a ROCK!" "A rock who likes to drive!" and all that stuff around Season 35 or so. It really surprised me actually that Elmo would get so angry about Zoe and Rocco though. He likes to pretend too, and Rocco never really hurt him that bad, did he?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's always easier to see someone else's peculiarities or quirks above their own.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, what's Rhyming Block?
It's an episode this season in which Mother Goose was trying to come up with a new Nursery Rhyme and needed Abby and Elmo's help. It got quite competitive, and both got very annoyed at each other. There was tension, it was resolved. It worked. Much better than those repetitive guessing game episodes, where both characters do NOTHING.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
It's always easier to see someone else's peculiarities or quirks above their own.
That's true.

It's an episode this season in which Mother Goose was trying to come up with a new Nursery Rhyme and needed Abby and Elmo's help. It got quite competitive, and both got very annoyed at each other. There was tension, it was resolved. It worked. Much better than those repetitive guessing game episodes, where both characters do NOTHING.
I haven't seen that one yet, but it sounds pretty good. Arguing always seems to strengthen a friendship, and without it Abby and Elmo are a little fake. But there are times when they can be really cute together, and I'm sure this is one of them. I wonder if I can watch it on the SS site.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have been watching some of the seasons of Sesame on Netflix and they have had some real gold nuggets in there that have been a lot of fun.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Like the "Y" song, the three primary colors song, and the episode where Bert and Ernie's apartment floods. I love seeing Maria and Oscar together again.

And the "What's Missing?" segment with Murray. I laughed like a three-year-old when I saw his nose was missing :embarrassed:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I really hope we can see them play with some new relationships in the movie.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I'm hoping that because Joey is writing it, it will be good (and darn funny). I also hope there's no pressure from Fox or the Workshop to make Elmo the star; sure, he can have a main role, but not THE main role. I want an ensemble piece. And a Mr. Johnson appearance.
I'm going to throw it out there that Joey is one of my favourite writers, period. His sense of humor exceptionally works well with both his characters and his writing and I would be quite frankly disappointed to find out that there was anybody else as the main writer for a new SST film.
I'm keen for Mr. Johnson as well, although I'm hoping this film won't turn out to be a Spidermonster : The Musical

Status
Not open for further replies.