Runaway bride on toast on eBay

Ziffel

Reaction score
Hear about this bizarre story? That runaway bride, Jennifer Wilbanks (which was a bizarre story right there!) is now selling on ebay. This guy sketched her face on a piece of toast and put it up for bids on ebay. Apparently he was just joking around ( in view of the grilled cheese sandwich several months ago that someone claimed was the Virgin Mary's face that happened to show up on it and sold on ebay). But I guess it's no joking matter to multitudes of people who have bid on this - the high bid is now over $15,000!! But maybe these bidders are just joking around too and have no intention of paying this amount should they win. If not, maybe making faces of famous people on toast will become the next new big business! Lefty the salesman should have thought of this. He would have raked in the nickles like crazy!

Ziffel

Reaction score
I see the auction has ended with the winning bid at $15,400. I also see there are hundreds of other items on ebay up for bids that pertain to the runaway bride, like wedding invitations, bumper stickers, and other toasts and pancakes! Hmmmm. The title of a classic movie seems appropriate here:

It's a MAD MAD MAD MAD world!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
I see the auction has ended with the winning bid at $15,400. I also see there are hundreds of other items on ebay up for bids that pertain to the runaway bride, like wedding invitations, bumper stickers, and other toasts and pancakes! Hmmmm. The title of a classic movie seems appropriate here:

It's a MAD MAD MAD MAD world!
(good flick)

One ponders at the premise of this ebay sale...:zany:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
If not, maybe making faces of famous people on toast will become the next new big business! Lefty the salesman should have thought of this. He would have raked in the nickles like crazy!

Sorry, but if that lying, cowardly runaway bride is "famous people" then society desperately needs to reassess it's values. This woman has received way too much media attention already. She needs to be dropped from the public eye now before it escalates to late-night TV, Playboy and Celebrity Jeopardy appearances.

Ziffel

Reaction score
As well as (*shudder*) million $ book and movie deals.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Who is she? I don't recall hearing this story.

McFraggle

Reaction score
As the story goes, some people will buy anything. :smirk:

Bootsy

Reaction score
That is just Bizzare

Why on earth would somebody want to buy any of those things anyway??? I mean what is this world coming down to when they are pretty much throwing there money down the drain when there could be other better things they can put there money towards like starving children in Africa! :mad: :crazy: :frown: