Ruth Buzzi

BEAR

Reaction score
Tim said:
I've always like the fly-by-your-seat way about SS. Some of the best stuff was with Oscar, since you KNOW Carroll was tossing stuff in on camera.

As for Ruth Buzzi (Who just had a birthday by the way!), I doubt she was putting the show down, since she just doesn't seem the type to do that, and even the worst thing she was involved with (That God-awfull Krofft show with Jim Neighbors-who dispised doing it.) she spoke fondly of since they got to be such good friends out of it.

I KNOW she wasn't putting Sesame Street down at all. I already stated that. I am only pointing out the interesting fact of how the process works. That's all.

Xerus

Reaction score
I never knew that about Ruth. I'll have to watch that DVD and listen to her interview. I miss Ruthie on Sesame Street.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I miss Ruth Buzzi (especially as the owner of that "Finders Keepers" shop) myself...I'm too young to remember "Laugh-In", but she made her Sesame Street character likable and memorable.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly, if there was one thing that was akward about her presence in the show, it would clearly be the restructuring and rebuilding of SS after Jim and a lot of others passed on. I remember only little bits here and there, my sister was 3 and watching it at the time.

Personally, I love how she also did the voice for Mo Willems's Suzie Kabloozie character as well. She also played the woman with the stainless steel wig on Mo's series SHeep in the Big CIty.