1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Saban Is Pure Evil!

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Drtooth, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Saban Is Pure Evil!!!!!!!!

Though some people were offended by a certain rapper being in the Christmas special (for the love of Mike, let's not start that again), while others were offended by a Disney buyout, this really cheesses me off!!!!

The Evil Saban, Brain child of stealing old Japanese shows that you'd be weird to like past the age of 10, will now get the Muppets into his evil clutches (I can only picture Dr. Claw...interrestingly enough Saban wrote music for the Gadget cartoon, one of the ONLY good things he's ever done).

Say what you will about Disney, but I cannot just stand here while he buys them into extinction. I can see David Golez, and Bill Barretta just sitting on the corner with signs saying, "will manipulate puppets for food," whilest Saban greenlights Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in the center of the Earth.

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!!! SOMEONE CALL IN JAMES BOND, OR JAMES HOUND... OR SOMETHING!!!!!

My mind will explode in ten seconds.....
  2. EmmyMik New Member

Re: Saban Is Pure Evil!!!!!!!!

That's perfect. Jackie and I have muffins!

:D
  3. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Joke all you want, Emmy Mik! I cannot stomach the fact that the great, classic, wonderful, god-like Muppets will go to a company who made such terrible pointlessly violent garbage. It's like Jackson Pollack buying the rights to Leonardo DaVinci!

NEVER ON THIS BOARD HAVE I BEEN SO SCARED!!!!! NOT EVEN WHEN RESIDENTLILLY...well, if you're in the Action figures discussion board, you'd know!!!!

I just hope the spirit of Jim Henson haunts Haim in his sleep!!!!!!

Or worse!! Maybe we should tie Mr. Saban to a chair and make him watch all the episodes of Power Rangers end to end, and put one of those Clockwork Orange dealies on his head!
  4. crazy ernie New Member

Elves and men must make an alliance once again!
  5. Crazy Harry New Member

What what does what now?
  6. crazy ernie New Member

Haven't you read the lord of the rings? The Last Alliance Of Elves And Men was the battle in which Sauron was defeated when the ring was chopped of his finger. Saban is an evil similar to sauron
  7. Drtooth Well-Known Member

You know we're in trouble when Lord of the Rings tactics sound good.

But I don't want to chop off his finger. I'm pretty sure another Saban would grow from it and make 50 more Power ranger sequals!
  8. crazy ernie New Member

If this leads into a lord of the rings spoof story in which 9 members go out to destroy saban,I have dibs on one of the hobbits
  9. beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Or worse!! Maybe we should tie Mr. Saban to a chair and make him watch all the episodes of Power Rangers end to end, and put one of those Clockwork Orange dealies on his head!<<

Tooth ma man, whats your trip? I realize that whenever a news article on a possible JHC suitor comes ou ton the AP wire, fans on here get all wacked out and start shooting down the company.
    As Luke has stated, JHC as a company is in dire need of a buyout.

I surmise no matter who would be reported as 'in talks' people would cry foul.

Trust me, if tommorrow Viacom was reported in the running people would start posting 'Viacom is evil!'

Let's all wait til we seen the ink dried on a contract and a press release stating an actual buyout.
  10. crazy ernie New Member

Then viacom would be Orcs I guess.:D
  11. Muppets1985 Member

Noooooooooooo

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

oKAY 1ST i THOUGHT HAVEING WB & Nick on Disney's Butt, but know this Company? PLEASE! how mush worse can this sale get? This sale has been going on for 1 year now and is going to end SOON! and All i can say is, Disney WON'T and WILL NOT let the Muppets get out from under there MOUSE gloves THIS time and with all the Disney Stock going up & down and all that other stuff etc, I STILL think Disney wil get them....Im hoppen and pryin too!

and Power Rangers are NOT owned by Saban n e more they are NOW owned by the Walt Disney Company and thats why there on Disney's ABC Kids on Saturday mornings and on abc fam too!

:rolleyes:
  12. crazy ernie New Member

So,since disney owns potty trainers,that would give them a bit of Gollum.my preciousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
    Sorry, couldn't resist. Gollum is my favorite charecter from the lord of the rings.
  13. Buck-Beaver Active Member

I'd like to interject that, actually, it's not Saban Entertainment that is buying the Muppets but Haim Saban himself. Saban Entertainment was sold to Disney awhile back - and yes the mouse now owns Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (shudder).

Saban is not going to significantly mess with the Muppets. He made a fortune with Power Rangers, et al not because he loves ultra-violent dubbed children's programs but because he's smart and knew how to sell a show 10 year old boys would love.

Nobody should be panicking just yet.
  14. crazy ernie New Member

Well, Mr saban is Sauron.And all of those black rangers will stand in as the Nazgul.
    What do you guys think about the spoof story idea?
  15. sidcrowe New Member

Buck Beaver

"he's smart and knew how to sell a show 10 year old boys would love. Nobody should be panicking just yet."

Umm, I AM panicking because that's all that guy CAN make is crapola for 10 year-old boys.

Can anybody point to a good production made by Saban? I don't know of any.

I'd rather have Warner. Or even Viacom. Or ME with a winning lottery ticket.

Uh...I'm still allowed to disagree with people here, right?

:D
  16. Bean Bunny New Member

If you count Spider-Man Unlimited, X-Men: The Animated Series (oringal from 90's), Silver Surfer, and others.
  17. sidcrowe New Member

I meant like, creating stuff.

They didn't create those Marvel characters.
  18. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, Saban does have good shows, like the ones Bean Bunny said, plus Walter Melon, Mad Jack the Pirate (I LOOOOVE piratyes, and Bill Kopp), and Spy DOgs (which is suspiciously like my cartoon idea, Skunk Squad). Unforutunately, these were on olny a season (two seasons if you're lucky) because Power Rangers is his little cash cow!

(If you want to know, I wrote a rousing parody of the Rangers called Super Powered Rescue Rangers Time Bores, in the end, Monterey Jack uses that "magic wand" to make him grow bigger, and beat the heck out of "Hire'em Subpar," my name for the owner of the company, until he promises to cancell the show.)

I sure hope to GOD that Saban doesn't even have power over any Muppet thing. I just hope he keeps "Philanthropist (sp) Distance," menaing, he buys Henson, and lets Henson jolly well run the company any way they want!

But COME ON!!!! This still isn't that great of news!
  19. danielromens Member

Well if you consider getting a huge audience and making an A$$load of money good, I'd say power rangers and digimon.

I work at a DayCare and I've not once seen any of these kids come walking in with or wearing Kermit and Co.

Hey I don't like the shows either but I watched PowerRangers when it first aired and liked it. It just got overused with toomany spinoffs. I don't see that happening here.

I just see a rich man with nothing of his own to play with anymore. I'd rather see him than someone who has too many characters to manage successfully anymore (see Disney's falling stock) I don't see why dis is such a golden savior for you folks.

and some call the henson fans dilussional.
  20. Stryder Wolfe New Member

hmm..if only we could find someone to play strider

..oh wait! That's me :D