Saban Plans New Superhero Series

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Called Gangnam Girls.
http://www.licensemag.com/license-global/saban-plans-new-superhero-series
The series is currently in development and will be a music and fashion-driven animated series about five teenage girls chosen to protect Earth and a fanstastical land.​
Okay, looks like Saban got there hands on Smile Pretty Cure judging by the plot, but we'll wait and see when a trailer shows up and everything, and I do not plan on posting the trailer, mainly cause I don't want to get another copyright strike from Saban :eek:. Yeah I am not sure what to say about this other than wait, the website also said this.​
Additional details on the series will be announced later this year.​

Drtooth

Reaction score
If this is indeed Pretty Cure...

they're going to retitle it Gangam Girls. Essentially, that's like calling an American dubbed new series based on Battle Ship Yammato "The Amazing Adventures of All Your Base Are Belong to Us." Even if it isn't a dubbed Japanese cartoon and their original idea... sounds like a terrible series.

But if it is... people went after 4Kids for removing "Tokyo" from "Tokyo Mew Mew". They don't realize how good they got it.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
If this is indeed Pretty Cure...

they're going to retitle it Gangam Girls. Essentially, that's like calling an American dubbed new series based on Battle Ship Yammato "The Amazing Adventures of All Your Base Are Belong to Us." Even if it isn't a dubbed Japanese cartoon and their original idea... sounds like a terrible series.

But if it is... people went after 4Kids for removing "Tokyo" from "Tokyo Mew Mew". They don't realize how good they got it.
Who knows, It could be an Original property for all it's worth, but we'll see how everything goes later this year.