1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny - Worst Movie Ever?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mo Frackle, Aug 28, 2012.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

*Blink* What?
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Right. BTW: The movie will be called Rise of the Guardians whereas the book series it's running off of is The Guardians of Childhood. The book's creator is collaborating on the movie, and from what I read, the plans are to have thirteen books with the characters' origins while the movie takes place after the series has finished explaining how they're thought of in our modern time. Plus the plot of Santa+Sandman+Tooth Fairy+Jack Frost+Easter Bunny vs. Pitch the Boogeyman. Oh, and Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) will be voicing North (Santa), so this should end up as a good movie.
  3. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------
    Sounds...different... will wait and see. :)

Ed! You've never seen "Master Ninja"? Ohhhh man. Dude. Go Youtube it. Failed tv series featuring Lee Van Cleef and one (I forget which, they all act so awfully) of the Van Patten kids. Horrible, horrible show...great MST ep! Joel and the Bots made up a sort of scatting rap they called "Master Ninja Theme Song" which is absolutely hilarious!

4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

YouTube is fail for me. As I said in one of Gina's stories, it has a jerkish stop-and-go play effect that pauses the video every other second and then takes about ten more to get going for another little blip.

Van Cleef? Bought a couple of that guy's perfumes, okay, my mom bought them off of ebay, I just pay it for her.

Looking forward to Rise of the Guardians along with a few other films this year like Hotel Transylvania and Frankenweenie. And if I don't see them at the cinema, I can always wait till next year's 13 Nights of Halloween on ABC Family. Though they rully need to get enough movies so they don't keep double dipping so much during the second week of the promotion. BTW: Did I mention they air Pixar's latest release from two years back as premieres? That's how I've gotten to see Ratatouille and Up, and this year it's the Toy Story trilogy.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

6. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

All the things bad movie fans love to hate. I've got to see this movie! Thanks for bringing it up, Drtooth.
  7. newsmanfan

Ye gods. Sounds utterly rank.

If we're nominating bad films we love to hate, I'm adding "Psychos In Love" to the list. It TRIED to be funny...FAIL...
    ---------------
  8. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

9. Drtooth

Can't be any worse than the cartoon series. At least the kids in the movie were disgusting.
  10. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I used to love the GPK. I look back on that movie, and shudder. :laugh: I heard about the cartoon, but never got around to watching it.
  11. Drtooth

Don't. The cartoon is a huge disappointment. It's so incredibly Bowlderized and toned down to the most insane of all degrees to the point it's GPK in name only. The kids are more annoying than disgusting, and don't even have any bad behavior. It's almost Get Along Gang levels of safe. It's a good thing parents overreacted to the show and got it pulled. Otherwise, we'd have a bunch of disappointed kids tuning into something closer to the Cabbage Patch Kids.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  12. Mo Frackle

:confused: What the....
  13. newsmanfan

-------------
    I think the absolutely laughable bellydance is my fave part... Wow. How unappealing and completely unerotic can we get?

*breaks into Mike and the Bots' version of "Tubular Boobular Joy"*

---------------
  14. Mo Frackle

Was the "Golden Bra" movie ever shown on MST?
  15. newsmanfan

---------------
    Not to my knowledge. It coulda been, though.

Maybe CT will grab it and run with it? Looks right up their alley...which is not the same as up their area, of course. ;)
    --------------
  16. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

What's an ice cream bunny?
  17. Mo Frackle

Good question. To be perfectly honest, nobody knows fer sure for sure. But most people assume it was a character used in the Pirates World theme parks (Pirates World is used and/or mentioned throughout the film). I guess the Ice Cream Bunny drove around in an old firetruck and gave out ice cream to the kids visiting the park.
  18. newsmanfan

-------------
    I am thankful I never ever visited there. Though I DO miss Tiki Gardens.

--------------
  19. Drtooth

Okay... Uh... I just caught the 10 minute best of Rifftraxx version, and that's probably all I can take. I almost choked to death trying to explain the movie to someone else last night. SO, it's like Santa being stranded for 90 minutes and randomly telling a story that's in the story narrated by a PA box? And the Ice Cream Bunny has nothing to crap to do with Ice Cream at all? And above all, WHY?! Why did this need to be made?

I can't believe something has a less coherent plot than Oogiloves.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  20. Mo Frackle

Why was this made? Simple. Somebody needed money. They didn't care how they got it, they just needed it. The Santa Claus bits were actually made to pad out Barry Mahon's children's films (some theathers showed Mahon's "Thumbelina", others showed his "Jack and the Beanstalk") that were made about two years prior. In short, nobody gave a darn, and needless to say, it shows.

As for the random inclusion of Tom and Huck, supposedly Mahon wanted to make Tom and Huck movie, but was unable to finish it. Like most no budget directors, instead of letting footage go to waste, he just threw it into something else.