Sarah's Big Disneyworld trip report thread!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
no you didn't say something to upset me, what I've done online has been severly limited, due to the fact that my brother has been slacking on a science project, and hovers over me demanding he has to do something for his project (but funny, when he does that, he usually ends up hunting for cheat codes to his video games)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Hi. I've finally been motivated to write more about my trip (a month later!) but I'm starting at the beginning again....but this time it's in a lot more detail...so here you go

members going:

Dad: Disney fanatic, has hard time not turning into Theme Park Commando
Mom: Loves the vacation aspect of trip. Her motto is go with the flow
Jed: Will ride anything. Always wondering where next meal is coming from
Sarah(ME): Will ride anything, but will also reschedule whole day around Off Kilter shows

Day 1-Christmas Eve

We got up in our Dallas hotel severely early (as always) and after the rush of finding everything, getting clothes on, and triple checking everything, we were good to go. We got to the airport with no problem at all. The security line was short, so we just went right through. (It was even quick for mom, who can't go through metal detectors) We can see our plane at the gate, so we know all will go well. Our flight takes off perfect, and lands at exactly 11:11. I got off the plane rather impressed with these Delta people for knowing their stuff, and we make our way to the luggage claim. Our man from Tiffany is already there, and Dad chats with him as Jed, Mom, and I play the claim your luggage game. We finally get all our bags, and are ready to make our way off to Pop Century. This was our drivers first time to take anyone to PC, but he got there with no problem. Check in took forever, so I went to Everything Pop to purchase my postcards. After much deliberation, I decide on the ones I want and go to buy them. I could this was her first time to work in retail, and she had probably only been there as long as Pop Century (which at this time was 10 days) I asked her is I could have stamps for them. She asked another lady about this, and she got the stamps for her. When this girl tried to ring up my 5 post cards and stamps, it came up to 9 something. She knew she had made a mistake, and after about 4 or 5 tries, she got it right. I wasn't worried about time, though, because I knew mom and dad were still stuck in the check-in line. I mosied around for a minute or two, and decided to give Jed a turn to roam, so I went and watched the luggage. Mom and dad finally came through, and we went to our room, which was in the 70's building. We went in the room, made sure we had everything we would need for epcot, and was off.

When we got there, I knew Off Kilter was going to start playing in about 10 minutes, but I also knew that I couldn't skip the family tradition, ride SSE first. So we got on and looked for our favorite characters, and got off quickly. After that, I knew I could slightly hear what must be Off Kilter, so I started walking faster than the rest of my family. Dad must have known my motivation, and sprinted to Canada with me. I was in amazement watching my favorite band on stage, and was embarrassed to approach the stage afterwards. I finally gained the courage (through much prodding from my family) and went up to the stage. Jamie (bagpipes) was standing there, and asked me if I wanted to take a picture on the stage with the whole band. At this point, all motor skills were lost, but somehow, I nodded my head eagerly. I walked up on the stage, and Jamie said something to try to calm me down. It didn't do much for me, and in my picture, I look like a deer in headlights, and it always brings a laugh. We went through our touring of the countries, and when 5:30 rolled around, dad asked me if I wanted to go see the last Off Kilter show of the day. I could tell mom and Jed were tired, so I said no, I'd see them some other time. We decided to go stand in line for candlelight processional. The line was huge, but much to our surprise, when it was roped off for who got a seat and who might, we were guaranteed a seat. We were happy, even though one woman rudely yelled out to a castmember that we had cut. Candlelight Processional was beautiful. Robby Benson was the narrorator. Afterwards, we ran over to Japan, to get a good seat for illuminations. It was beautiful, and I went back to PC with a renewed sense of happiness.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Day 2- Christmas

For some reason, we decided being at WDW on Christmas, we decided it would be fun to be at Magic Kingdom. We exchanged our few small presents in the hotel room, and then made our way out to the bus stop. We got there, and a full bus had just left. So we were guaranteed a seat on the next one. After about a ten minute wait, the bus came, and we boarded. After quite a jaunt to MK, we got off the bus and saw masses and masses of crowds (which amazed us, since this was our first time to go during a crowded time) we were able to do some things before the park got unbearable (HM, PhilHarmagic, CoP) then we ate, and made our way out of the park. Mom was having a hard time staying awake, so her and dad went back to the hotel, while Jed and I went to MGM to purchase our Guest of Honor badges. We rode ToT, and bought the badges, then went back to the hotel. Mom was feeling rested, so we split two holiday meals at PC (good, but not worth the $13.99 charged for each of them) then made our way back to MGM. We rode ToT and RnRC and made our way to millionaire. As usual, I got on the leaderboard, but not to the hot seat. We were all getting tired by this point, and head back to the hotel.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Day 3

We were going to AK (probably my least favorite park, but I decided it was worth another shot) We rode Dinosaur first (which is funny, because last time I rode it, it was still called Countdown to Extinction) Then Jed and I opted for Primeval Whirl, while mom and dad went for Tarzan Rocks. Jed and I grabbed a fastpass, rode in the line, then used our fastpasses. We met mom and dad soon afterwards, and decided we would be brave enough (actually, the adjective here should probably be stupid) to ride when it was still chilly outside. We rode, and not only did I get wet, but the place where I put my jacket had developed a mold, so I started to smell like mold. Mom and Dad claimed they didn't smell it, but I was wet, smell, and failry miserable. I wasn't going to let this ruin our PS for Rainforest, though. I always loved RF, and we were early for our PS, but the line was short enough that we didn't need it. After a small wait, we were seated. I was feeling cold, and the fact that I was wet didn't help a bit, but I wasn't going to complain, we were in WDW after all! We ate, and left AK. Back at the hotel, Dad and Jed decided they wanted to swim. Mother and I weren't near this brave, and said we'd meet the boys at MGM later. After I changed into something less smelly, we left for MGM. The crowds were huge, but mother and I decided we would go to the Muppet shop first (I knew I would be riding MV3*D more than once, so I was ok with skipping the ride) I blew $30 easily, and mother and I were on our way. At this point, the crowds became huge, and we couldn't beat it. We claimed a bench right by the entrance, and watched for Dad and Jed to come in, so we could say we wanted to get out of that madhouse. We sat there for around an hour, then decided the crowds were small enough to handle (I'm supposing because they started admitting people for Fantasmic) We shopped for an hour or so, then saw the stage set up in front of the hat. There was a DJ there, so we danced for a while until the guys showed up (at least it was an attempt at dancing:dazed ) The guys found us, and we rejoined. We watched Muppet*Vision, did Millionaire again (and leaderboard again) Then we went back to PC

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Day 4

We decided to try MK again so we could hit all the rides we missed. The big ones we hit were Space Mountain, Space Ranger Spin, Big Thunder Mountain, Philharmagic, Splash Mountain, and Pirates of the Caribbean. At this point, mom and I split up from the guys, and decided we would shop. We strolled thoughout all of the shops, and I became addicted to watching the guy who did the glass. Mother finally dragged me away, and we met the boys they had secured a great parade spot on Main Street, and it was only about 30 min. until the parade started. We held our spot and chatted. The parade was great! It was wonderful to finally see the parade that we had seen on TV for the past years (and we didn't care that it was actually two days after Christmas!) Afterwards, mom and dad decided they wanted to resort hop, so Jed and I went with them to the Grand Floridian. Jed and I quickly became bored, and decided we wanted to build up the guts to go to Blizzard Beach. We went back to the hotel, put on our swimsuits, and were on our way. We decided to do teamboat springs first, and quickly regretted it becase the water was very cold. We went to the wave pool and spent the rest of our time there. We went back to the hotel, and being the teens we are, we decided to go to the arcade. We blew some money, and met our parents back at the hotel. We decided to go check out DTD. Mother and I checked out the shops as long as I could bare, then I decided to spend my time in DisneyQuest. Finally it got late, and we headed back to the hotel

electricmayhem

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
Day 3

We were going to AK (probably my least favorite park, but I decided it was worth another shot)
I agree. The first time I was at WDW and AK was open, I wouldn't even go because we didn't have very long there and I didn't want to waste my precious time for the other parks. This last summer when we went I relented just to see what it was like. It was fun and all and the scenery is beautiful but it doesn't hold the same feeling for me that the other parks do.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*ding*

Smells like puding.

(I just had to say something, cause I'm bored and there isn;'t much activity here at this hour...)