Sarah's Big Disneyworld trip report thread!

Phantom

Reaction score
We have a tradition that each time we go to TMK that we ride Pirates before anything else. It's a given. Even my three year old daughter knows what we ride first. I'm looking forward to the rest of your story, Sarah. I can't wait to see your impression of NYEve.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*bang*

Just thougt I'd do that to give this thread some, um, spice.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
*bang*

Just thougt I'd do that to give this thread some, um, spice.
thanks....but I'll wait until I get the pictures back....a picture speaks a thousand words, and I don't want to type a thousand words

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
mupvisiongirl said:
Awww! Sarah, you're SO making me miss WDW!
Me to. I want to go back. Philharmagic and Mission Space wern't open when we were there. It's not fare!

*pout*

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
sarah and off Kilter

Ok, as I've mentioned before, there's a certain band I adore....OFF KILTER! So what kind of Fan Girl did I turn in when I had the chance to meet them? A silent one that couldn't get full sentences out....here's my best two pictures of meeting my 5 heroes!

me and the whole band this was my first day there....I was nervous as all get out to just say hi and when Jamie asked if I wanted to get onstage and get a picture, it was all I could do to nod my head!

Me and Mark Mark plays bass in the band, and sings most of the songs, being that he is from Ireland. He's a real nice guy, and I actually talked to him in complete sentences!

jediX

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
Me and Mark Mark plays bass in the band, and sings most of the songs, being that he is from Ireland. He's a real nice guy, and I actually talked to him in complete sentences!
Ok, is it just me or does he really look like Patrick Duffy in that picture (of Dallas & Step by Step 'fame')?

Oh, one question. There was a thread on here that linked to the new Disney park Muppet plushes -- did MV3D have them (one was Swedish Chef)?

Heh... I have a rather funny story about my experience when at the Disney Land (California Adventure, yeech) version of 'Millionaire'. :big_grin:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I'd love to hear it...I've had my own millionaire stories!

never thought of him looking like him.....must think about it....

trivia.....in scouring the net for off kilter information I found out Mark used to be All-Ireland Motorcross champion....neato

jediX

Reaction score
I wrote this up a couple years ago after my high school music department's trip to SoCal:
Last year on spring break my high school went to Disneyland for our annual arts department trip. In the California Adventure park they have this mock version of 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' (complete with it's own live host), and my friend and I got tickets to be in the audience. Unfortunately, my friend (who was rather intelligent, I believe he got a 1400 on the SAT) got called up to be in the "hot seat" first. He said that he was with me (as they do on the real show), so then all of the cameras in the place zoomed in on me; showing me on all of the 'jumbo-trons' in the auditorium with an incredibly bad sunburn. ...if only that had been the most embarassing thing.
My friend got the first question right, then the cameras went back to me again while he was "thinking" on the second: "Who is older: Gepetto, Merlin, Captain Hook, or Baby Hercules". He chose "Baby Hercules" (which obviously was wrong). Out at the $200; it doesn't get much worse than that...and all he got was a 20-cent crappy button.

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
Ok, as I've mentioned before, there's a certain band I adore....OFF KILTER! So what kind of Fan Girl did I turn in when I had the chance to meet them? A silent one that couldn't get full sentences out....here's my best two pictures of meeting my 5 heroes!

me and the whole band this was my first day there....I was nervous as all get out to just say hi and when Jamie asked if I wanted to get onstage and get a picture, it was all I could do to nod my head!

Mmmmm....I *heart* Off Kilter! Super cute pics!

jediX

Reaction score
May I ask....who are they? lol