Save Pushing Daisies!

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Ok, this is by far one of the best shows to come to television in a LONG time. Its unique, original, and I WANNA KNOW THE END!

Being Jim Henson Fans- or even Tim Burton fans, I recomend this show to you if you havent already giving it a shot! Its cute, like a fairy tale, but is bitter sweet. Here is the opining of the pilot episode, it tells exactly what it is about WITH all the charm they leave out of the commercials :frown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykFDdacG6cs

Its not a bad show, thats not why it is suffering, its one of those shows that just isnt getting the viewers that it deserves. The next episode that comes on Nov 19 at 8/7 central on ABC is the test episode, they are going to determine its fate that night- so please give it a chance! you can watch season 2 on their website (they give backstories every episode to make sure your not left in the dark) but you can get the first episode at blockbuster or netflix, it really is addicting, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE IT A CHANCE!

http://abc.go.com/primetime/pushingdaisies/index?pn=index

Official website

anytimepally

Reaction score
I love this show and also hope it doesn't get cancelled.. I watch every week!

Redsonga

Reaction score
The trouble is I hardly ever see ads for when it is on anymore :frown:.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree with everything you said. It's a fantastic show. They do have viewers, just not enough to justify its budget and timeslot. Shows like 30 Rock have had this issue too, but that show attracts "alpha consumers" that buy the iphones, Gap jeans and Starbucks coffee the advertisers are selling. NBC found a new way to look at promotion (and yes, much is embedded into the show). But Pushing Daisies is too pretty for that sort of thing. :super:

Neilson boxes are obsolete. There's a whole world of Tivos, DVRs, itunes, downloadable content and of course Net Flix and the home video market. DVD sales are what revived the Family Guy back into the Fox lineup.

People are watching Pushing Daisies. Disney/ABC just doesn't know where to look for them. Also, it's actually a Warner Brothers production so ABC has little stake in its continued success if it's not already jumping through all of the appropriate hoops. That's why contacting them is important on this issue. CBS listened about Jericho and that got an extra season. Maybe ABC will too. Heck, maybe the show will find another network.

I just hope it stays on the air right where it is. I like snuggling up with my special someone and watching this show. It's part of our routine. :flirt:

Davina

Reaction score
we LOVE PD! wish there were more shows like it on the air (instead of all the copy cat reality shows... ) it's quirky and funny and smart. it's well written and the cast is fabulous..
we were so thrilled when it came back this season (we rather suspected it wasn't going to survive the writer's strike.. mostly cuz it's always the shows we actually like that seem to die first...)
i really hope it survives.. at least through the season and long enough for them to write an actual conclusion... *sigh* would love to see this go on for years though :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I have really been wanting to watch this show, but I have never gotten around to watching it!

About 30 Rock, it did have a series high and retain a lot of viewer ship from The Office. A lot of it having to do with all the exposure Tina Fey has been getting lately. Will see if it continues. I think NBC know when they have a good thing going that they have to let it grow and find an audience like they did with The Office. They can also take it from there play book of past successes.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I have really been wanting to watch this show, but I have never gotten around to watching it!

quote]

I think you should give it a chance! Especially on the 19th... You really will like it, and Im not just saying that because I like it- I really think you will

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with everything you said. It's a fantastic show. They do have viewers, just not enough to justify its budget and timeslot. Shows like 30 Rock have had this issue too, but that show attracts "alpha consumers" that buy the iphones, Gap jeans and Starbucks coffee the advertisers are selling. NBC found a new way to look at promotion (and yes, much is embedded into the show). But Pushing Daisies is too pretty for that sort of thing. :super:
And I don't think it being opposite Knight Rider is any help at all. I really wish they did what they did with Greys Anatomy the first 2 years and reran the episodes on Friday this season, instead of keeping "Nanny Swap" on for another moronic drudge (Yes, yes... the people who swap can't stant each other. I got it halfway through the first episode.. Europeans and their terrible reality shops).

Neilson boxes are obsolete. There's a whole world of Tivos, DVRs, itunes, downloadable content and of course Net Flix and the home video market. DVD sales are what revived the Family Guy back into the Fox lineup.
To be very technical, it was a mixture of DVD sales, CN reruns, and Seth MacFarline selling American Dad to Fox that did it. It was a far harder and longer process for Futurama. And they don't have anything but DTV's that are cut into episodic bits on a cable network.