Say Goodbye to Muppet Show DVD's

BigTiny

Reaction score
It seems that Time-Life no longer offers the Muppet Show DVD's. When I heard this I was shocked and though, 'no way'. I quickly searched their site and found that sure enough, 'The requested product is no longer available.'... :confused:

Wow, I figured it would be Christmas before this happened. I guess eBay will be the only place to get them (short of the 1zies/2zies at local stores)...

I wonder if Disney will reissed any of the Muppet Show. :concern:

--BigTiny
BigTinyTallSaddle

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry you missed the news. It had been posted here for weeks.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=14169

You may want to sign up for our mailing list at the link below. It was mentioned there several times as well that TMS DVD's were not going to be available as of June 30.

Disney was going to charge Time-Life a high royalty for each disc Time-Life sold after June 30. Time-Life decided it was in their best interest to not sell them anymore.

BigTiny

Reaction score
Thanx for the info... I'm still learning my way around this forum... :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thats a shame. I guess that means Australia won't see a release of the muppet show on DVD in the near future if they are discontinuing them in the US.

Raech

Reaction score
they never did release the last ones that would complete the dvds to thew videos did they?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Well they didnt release every muppet show episode either. It would have been nice if they did, hopefully someone will one day.

Raech

Reaction score
actually I don't know the answer to my question.

Did they ever release the additional DVDs to make the set as complete as the VCR tapes?

I know they never did all the eps that actually was not my question. :wink:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Raech said:
Did they ever release the additional DVDs to make the set as complete as the VCR tapes?
Yes Time-Life did catch up the DVD's with the original VHS tapes.

The first six tapes debuted in November 2000 with the other nine arriving in March 2001. The first ten DVD's were released in July 2001 with the other five DVD's hitting the streets summer 2002.