Saying Goodbye

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
I have no idea where I am going with this, so.....here goes.

The boarding house was not as boisterous and noisy as it usually was. For someone had lost someone very close to his heart.
Fozzie had his ear glued to the door, with Gonzo behind him.
"That's our best friend, our leader, our captain in there." Fozzie thought to himself. "And we can't help him."
"Do you hear anything?" Gonzo asked.
"No." Fozzie said sadly.
"Fozzie, can't we do anything for him?"
Fozzie sighed.
"I don't think so Gonzo. I don't think so."

Inside, Kermit sat on his bed, clutching the letter in his hand. His family back at the swamp wrote to him about his mother passing away. He felt like his heart had been torn out of his chest. He always knew that this day would come, but he hoped and prayed that it wouldn't have been so soon. He spotted his banjo across the room, walked over, picked it up and went and sat back down on his bed. He began to strum, and a sorrowful song began to escape his lips.

"Come out moon,
come out wishing star.
Come out, come out,
wherever you are.

I'm out here in the dark,
all alone and wide awake.
Come and find me.
I'm empty and I'm cold,
and my heart's about to break.
Come and find me.
I need you to come here and find me.
Because without you, I'm totally lost.
I hung a wish, on every star.
It hasn't done much good so far.
I can only dream of you.
Wherever you are.

I'll hear you laugh, I'll see you smile.
I'll be with you, just for a while.
And when the morning comes, and the sun begins to rise,
I will lose you.
And I'll know it's just a dream, and when I open up my eyes,
I will lose you.
I used to believe in forever,
but forever's too good to be true.
I hung a wish, on every star,
it hasn't done much good so far.
I don't know what else to do.
Except to try to dream of you.
I wonder if you're dreaming too.
Wherever you are.
Werever......you are."

Kermit put down the banjo, and reached for a picture of his mother that he had on his nightstand.
"I love you mom, and I miss you." Kermit said softly to the picture.
He clutched the photo to his chest and began to sob silently.

"Wherever you are" is owned by Disney, and is used without permission.

Java

Reaction score
Great start, can't wait to read more!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*collapses* WHOA! Kermit!! I need to hug him!! *does* Poor frog...

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
This may be a short story, but we'll see what happens.
Chapter 2

"Has anyone seen Kermit?" Clifford asked at the dinner table.
"I haven't seen him all day. I hope he's alright." Gonzo said sadly.

This was his sanctuary, his home away from home. He needed a place to stew in his thoughts. He walked up the stairs, and headed toward his work table, and placed his hand on it. He took a left and walked on stage.
"Gee, the theater is unusually quiet when there are no crazys to kill the silence." He thought to himself.
He walked downstage and sat down on the front of the stage. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. He hadn't slept in days.
"Mom, I know you can hear me." Kermit said to the empty audience.

"Mom, I always wanted you to know, that I got into show business, not just for the singing, the dancing, and making people happy. I also wanted to make you happy. I wanted you to be proud of me. You may not believe it, but everything that I've done, I've done for you. [Chuckles.] I remember the day I left the swamp. You warned me the the real world is more unpredictible than the swamp. But you also said that if I was ever alone, scared, or filled with doubt, you would always be in my heart. It's true, you always were. But now that you're gone.....[Chokes up.] I know that you would've wanted me to carry on. I just wish I could've said goodbye. But I'll say it now. Goodbye mom. I will love you always. I promise.

Kermit began to cry, and he put his head in his hands. Just then, he felt a hand on his back, rubbing him and soothing him.
Kermit looked up, and it was his true love, Miss Piggy. She didn't have to say a word. Her eyes said, "I'm here for you."
Kermit put his head on her shoulder, crying, with Piggy embracing him, giving him soft kisses on his cheek for comfort.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Wow, this is a great new chapter! The ending is really indescribable! Also, a part of this chapter seemed like a nod to the muppet show pitch-
Pitch Man*: And you will be happy, and Kermit's mother will be happy!

*I don't know what that guy's real name was