Scary and urgent

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
That's scary stuff. A few years ago, the kid who lived next door came up missing (he was three at the time). His parents went nuts calling everyone they could. The police and the whole neighborhood turned up to look for him. They ended up finding him under a table inside his house fast asleep.

As for department stores, it used to be a game for my brother and I to hide under racks of clothes. One time, he managed to hide and remain hidden. My mom went into panic mode and had mall security called. My brother was eventually found but it upset my mom a great deal. Missing kids is not something you want to mess around with.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
As for department stores, it used to be a game for my brother and I to hide under racks of clothes. One time, he managed to hide and remain hidden. My mom went into panic mode and had mall security called. My brother was eventually found but it upset my mom a great deal. Missing kids is not something you want to mess around with.
That's a Greg Travis joke, actually:

"You'd head into Sears with your mom, hide in a rack of coats and watch her look for ya. 'She's got the cops out now, ha ha ha! My picture's already on the milk carton!'"

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
That's a Greg Travis joke, actually:

"You'd head into Sears with your mom, hide in a rack of coats and watch her look for ya. 'She's got the cops out now, ha ha ha! My picture's already on the milk carton!'"
I think it actually was Sears where my brother and I played that game. I can laugh at that because I can relate to it, though some moms might not find it very funny. :wink:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I've been lost at Zellers when I was about 4. Got in alot of trouble for that one.

And yesterday while I was baby-sitting, the 4-year-old ran off in the house and I couldn't find her, she didn't answer when I called. I had to get the 2-year-old to help me look. It was terrifying. She got in trouble from me, and from her mother as well when she had returned.

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I've been lost at Zellers when I was about 4. Got in alot of trouble for that one.
Heh. Usually, it's not me that gets lost on my parents, it's the other way around. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to go up to the checkout at a Chapters or something and say "Hi, have you seen a man about six feet tall, little hair and a goatee pass through here? No? Alright, then", and then keep looking for Dad. Go figure.