Scary, Scary Monsters

muppetperson

Reaction score
Using the cover artwork of the Jim Henson's Scary,Scary Monsters
pop-up book, Could someone please tell me the name of the green monster that is upside down on the top right, and the orange monster with horns and moustache in the bottom left side?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I believe his name is Mungo.... he was a promotional toy in a KFC kid's meal, and that's where I remember the name.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks, Drtooth.So which of the two I mentioned is Mungo? The Green monster?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks again, Drtooth.I now have worked out who is who with 6 out of the 7 names, so that leaves Monstradamus as the orange monster with horns and moustache.

beaker

Reaction score
Whoah...I can't believe someone made a post about this! I have very fond memories of this Fraggle Rock like Muppety franchise. I SO always wanted a Splurge plush from this line. I have the popup book, which is one of my favorite Muppet things ever.

I had read there was a pilot for a cartoon of SSM made. I also see Muppet Central has this listed:
"
KFC Scary Scary Monsters (2000)

Set of five: Monster Shoelace Munchers, Super Stretch Norbert, ZuZu Zoomer, Flip-A-Mungo, and Scary Scary Stick-Ons. "
(wish there were pictures of this)

All and all this would have been a great new Muppet franchise had it been fully developed.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Jim_Henson's_Scary_Scary_Monsters

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I have the Mungo.... If I can find a way to get a picture up, I'd post it up here....