Scatman Crothers

Xerus

Reaction score
I just remembered that I once saw Scatman in the TV movie, The Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island. I believe he played the Globetrotter's manager.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just wonder which voice artists of today can imitate Scatman's voice in case they ever want to revive any of his cartoon characters one day?
Considering they were about to make a Hong Kong Phooey movie at one point, I'd figure either Frank Welker, or Robert Guillame (sp?- he was the voice of Rafiki, and he starred in the show "Benson"). Robert actually could sound pretty close if he tried.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Scatman definitely got around. He also did a cameo appearance on "The Odd Couple" and had a role in "Silver Streak" with Gene Wilder & Richard Pryor.

Maybe somebody in L.A. can answer a question for me. I saw Scatman Crothers' footprints in cement outside the "Movieland Wax Museum" in Buena Park. Sadly, the museum itself is no more, but are those footprints still there? I'd like to think that they kept them there - or at least moved them out without destroying them somehow!

Xerus

Reaction score
Considering they were about to make a Hong Kong Phooey movie at one point, I'd figure either Frank Welker, or Robert Guillame (sp?- he was the voice of Rafiki, and he starred in the show "Benson"). Robert actually could sound pretty close if he tried.
Those actors would sound like a good idea.

I just heard that in the new Transformers Animated series on Cartoon Network, Phil LaMarr is supposed to voice Jazz in a future episode. I wonder if he'll have that familiar Scatman sounding voice though? I guess we'll have to wait and see.