School bans Sesame Muppet Shirts

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well, of course Sesame Street characters would be used for this in someone's messed up mind (that's coming from someone who does have a missed up mind too, lol :wink: ) But it's not like the frist Sesame Street been in a dark light from someone's mind remember the website www.bertisevil.tv. I'm just saying

beaker

Reaction score
So I take it they go to Bear In The Big Blue Crack House?

Actually I remember seeing back in 1997 a site called "Sesame Hood", that actually had some pretty good children's book illustrations of the Sesame characters all gang membered out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not so much doing stuff to SS characters that bothers me as this further glorifies gang culture. It's not quite as funny as those poorly photoshopped pics of evil BErt, Ernie and Grover with guns and cheap bad eye brows. I mean, seriously, the gang counter culture has ravaged our nations youth. And I don't mean specifically one race of human... they all think that it's cool to be pimps. I'm still angered that Pimp has become a term for "cool person" (i.e. Pimping a car means to make it cooler) When Pimp is someone who owns a prostitute and beats her if she doesn't give him the money.

All these phoney baloney rap musicians saying how cool gangs are, and if they even came in contact with a mugger, they'd poo themselves.

And who wants to bet the most people to buy these are white?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I agree with you 100% Dr.Tooth. It's too bad that's the life we live today.

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
It's not so much doing stuff to SS characters that bothers me as this further glorifies gang culture. It's not quite as funny as those poorly photoshopped pics of evil BErt, Ernie and Grover with guns and cheap bad eye brows. I mean, seriously, the gang counter culture has ravaged our nations youth. And I don't mean specifically one race of human... they all think that it's cool to be pimps. I'm still angered that Pimp has become a term for "cool person" (i.e. Pimping a car means to make it cooler) When Pimp is someone who owns a prostitute and beats her if she doesn't give him the money.

All these phoney baloney rap musicians saying how cool gangs are, and if they even came in contact with a mugger, they'd poo themselves.

And who wants to bet the most people to buy these are white?
I'm gonna have to simply agree with you on society. Every guy wants to be a pimp, every girl has to hide her feelings to fit in, and--from my personal experience in the state I live in--every Latino or whoever tries to be so has to know and like Daddy Yankee. :rolleyes: Oy. (Sorry if I sound racsist. I've just seen it all too much here.)

And it's convenient that that very article was posted, considering I've seen a shirt with the same exact design at a flea market a few days--maybe less--before this thread was made.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I mean, it's not that this wouldn't have been funny as a "Wacky Packs" type thing, but the idea of it as something wanna be gang members wear... outrageous.

After all, I must admit, it's well done. Much better done than those cheap "Elmo Smoking Pot" videos on youtube you find everytime you search Muppet or Sesame Street. I don't mind parody, long as it's well done, or political. A cartoon about the Muppets siging about AIDS that surfaced on the web years back was funny, but mainly because it was a joke about Kammy, the HIV + character on African Sesame Street.

Shell, I've even made a studen film (video, actually) called Monsta Crackhouse. While I did make a couple SS references (the segmwent was based slightly off of Monster Clubhouse, so I made a joke about certain elements of that, and I made a refference to Lefty), I intended it more as one of those pathetic SS ripoffs they have on Public Access Cable

F

furryredmonster

The article that you are trying to view is no longer available through this Web site. The content is copyrighted by the Associated Press, which requires local6.com to delete its stories two weeks after they are originally posted...

I didn't get to see it.

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
yes, those are the ones... funny, people at my school wear those shirts, and they haven't been banned because the school administrators don't care what we wear as long as it's not TOO revealing... i see girls wearing shirts that show their whole torso! disgusting...

Brinatello

Reaction score
This reminds me of the years Disney and WB made their characters dress with the times. Had to be the early 90's to see them wearing grungy-looking clothes, or whatever was 'in' at the time. But, to see SS characters like that? No thanks, I'll pass.

Valentine

Reaction score
I actually had one of those cute Bugs Bunny shirts when I was younger of him all "blinged out" (for lack of better terms)...And I do remember trying to look just as he did in that shirt :embarrassed:... of course, I was roughly the age of 5 (a highly influenced age) and the shirt wasnt as bad as these SS shirts are...now just image the impact that these shirts will have if someone of a younger age happens to see one...:eek: