School - I simply find it too hard.

Vibs

Reaction score
School - AaRRRrhhh!

Hi guys...

I don't really know what use this post is because frankly I should just be doing what I keep complaining about: My homework. Well, not only my homework, the school in it's entirety. I'm SO tired of school, really I am and I can't bear the thought that I'll have to be in the school system for another 3 years.

As you probably know I just started highschool-ish (in danish it's called gymnasie) and I had this really awkward start - Being away from the school because of a nasty pneumonia for about 7 days or more within the first 2 weeks. Now I have loads of stuff to catch up on, also with getting to know my classmates and I keep thinking I'm wasting my time. But everybody tells me that this is important for me and blah blah and I know it is. I just, I'm afriad I'm too "lazy" that I will not manage this. I know it sounds strange, why can't I just get my homework done like all the other students and... I don't know. It seems there is this HUGE wall between me and my homework and everytime I try to pull myself together I... just... can't. A homework blocking I guess you can call it.

I used to be one of the, well best students in my classes but what use is that when I don't want to do this? I don't wanna go through these 3 years. I can't. And still I know I have to. The alternative would be working and I'd never get the education that everybody, including myself, thought I'd get. And I keep yelling at myself, telling me I'm too lazy... But I don't wanna be lazy... and... um... sigh.

So... Is there anyone around here who knows that feeling but still got through this?

Thank you for whatever you might say.

Danishes ~Vibs.

P.S: This was not just a lame attemp at trying to sound like Christy Moppet in her young days... :stick_out_tongue:

Whatever

Reaction score
At least you are healthy again! I didn't know you were sick and am glad you pulled through! :smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't get around to this yesterday, but here goes.

I think I know almost exactly how you feel. For me, it hit in eighth grade, so... about three years ago. I knew that I wasn't getting my work done, that it would seriously hurt my grades, and then I'd be SO incredibly furious with myself and lock myself in the bathroom crying, and it would be awful, but I just did not want to do my homework at all. I very clearly remember one night when I was just sitting in my room, trying to force myself to work. My mom came in, and I said, "Mom, I really don't wanna do my homework." And she said, "So don't." Then I rolled my eyes, told her she was a bad mother, and glared at my notebook some more. ...and no, there was no point to that story.

But there IS a point to this post. I don't remember how long my period of "I so do not want to even look at my homework because I don't care except that I do care" was, but basically I just forced myself to do my homework every night, and at some point I stopped feeling like I didn't care.

And as for a "homework blocking," I get those sometimes, too. The most recent one was last night. I just couldn't focus on ANYTHING. Now, in my case, that just means I should have taken a little extra medication when I got home. For most people, however, it means... um...

Well, I'll tell you what I used to do before some genious put me on medication. I got a little bowl and filled it with chocolate chips. Then for every question, math problem, etc. that I finished, I ate a chocolate chip. If I finished an entire assignment, I got two or three chocolate chips. In fact, I still do that sometimes. I've found it's a whole lot easier to do homework when there's a chocolate incentive.

About being stuck in the school system... yeah. It does feel like something of a prison sometimes. But we'll live. And then, someday, we'll get out, and it will feel sooooooooo good... at least, I think it'll feel good... anybody who's permanently out of the school system want to tell if it feels good?...

Basically, Vibs, all I can tell you is to stick with it, and it'll get better. ...eventually... It will get better.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I can't post a proper reply tonihght, bnecuase I don't have time, and this keyboard of my brother's is rubish, but, as your officialy/unofficial brother, I hereby give you a big huge, see: *hug*

MrsPepper

Reaction score
That's really unfortunate that you're so turned off like you are. :/ THat since you were sick, you have such a rough start. You get **hugs** and I know you can get through.

I know you find it difficult, and don't want to do it for 3 more years, and that you find a block about it. but maybe, if you concentrate on your work, you can forget all the social stuff, and just work on it. You have us to keep you sane, so the best thing I can think of is for you to just dive into the work. :/ I don't want to sound like a mom or anything, but I have been in similar situations, and when work gets piled up like that, that's when you start to go crazy. I really don't think there's much you can do except try and do it. You don't have to LIKE it or anything though. :stick_out_tongue:

Don't worry, I've been there. I've had health problems that have set me back in school and I've had to work my heiney off. And I've been so physically and mentally exhausted that I pretty much stop doing work except for the bare minimum. And my marks suffered because of it. It can break you down, all the work and the pressures. I'd just concentrate on one task at a time, I'd time myself so I'm not doing one thing for so many hours. And what you have to think, and believe is, If I want to, I can and will get through this. Sometimes it seems like so much effort, and it seems so impossible. But nothing is impossible, and as long as you try, you won't be "lazy" as you say. Even if you try and fail, you can say, "I Tried". And that's a good feeling.

So SUPER HUGS TO YOU, and you can and WILL get through your slump. You just gotta set your mind to it. And we will make sure that you get through okay! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
*snorts* *sceptical glance* Work your heiney off??

Vibs

Reaction score
I hate when my dictionary doesn't work...

... heiney?!!???!!?!?!!!! (Don't you love those ! and ?'s?)!!?!?!???!??!?!??!?!!!

ANyway - Thanks to all of you. I sound rather pathetic in that post, lol. I'm better now, still a bit slarty (Sick, not well, etc.) but I went to the school this friday and people were nice and helped me out in classes and stuff. But, yeah looooooooooooooooads of homework or so it seems. I just need to get it done, I know and I will.

Thank you all again, you are one big... erh, thing? That didn't make sense a bit. I'll try again: You are... one big... great... um... you... you are.... erh, you are all GREAT! yeah! :smile: *HUGS*

Loads of Danishes~Vibs tha dane.

Whatever

Reaction score
"Working your heiney off" just means working hard. "Heiney" means the part of the body that you sit upon.

Vibs

Reaction score
Why would anyone work their chair off?

... okay I get it. Thanks for the information. :stick_out_tongue:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel. I dont consider myself lazy but when it comes to school i just really had problems finishing homework and stuff and always left it to the last minute. I've also been doing an adavanced computers class and ive had to leave some classes because its just too hard, its all programming stuff.