1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Scooter replica?

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by smalltimecrook, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Hey, any puppet builders out there interested in building me a Scooter puppet? Can't pay a fortune, but will consider all offers....
  2. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

It's illeagle for someone to do that for you :/
  3. Oh, is it really? What's the exact deal with that? I'm not looking for a 100% copy. I've just always wanted a Scooter puppet to play with and it would only be for personal use. What if I made one myself for my personal use? Sorry, not sure what the legalities would be in terms of the copyrights of the puppets...
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  4. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

This same subject has been touched on more times than not, technically someone cannot sell a puppet as "Kermit", "Elmo", or "Scooter", replica or not. But having one made or making one for yourself won't send Disney to your door. :)
    LinkiePie<3 likes this.
  5. Ok then, will someone make me one out of the kindness of their hearts? And I'll do you a favour in return?
  6. TheMonsterAteMe

Make one yourself! You will have more pride in it! No legitimate puppet builder would sell you a replica (even for a favor).
  7. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

Ha Ha - Yeah, have someone make you one as a gift, and in return you let them "borrow" some cash that they never have to pay back.........:laugh:
    Muppet fan 123 and rtgentry like this.
  8. Hahaha...yes, or I'll sing them a song or teach them the alphabet. Hey, where's your Henson spirit!? ;)
  9. TheMonsterAteMe

I don't think the Henson spirit was having people do illeagle and very expensive tasks for you for free. It does not help that your username is smalltimecrook.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  10. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

Little harsh, don't you think? he doesn't mean any harm, kid's just having some fun about it. In your opinion it may be ILLEGAL for him to have one built, but it's really just a fan-made puppet for his personal collection he's asking for. If he doesn't feel comfortable making one himself. why shouldn't he ask for help?
  11. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Best of luck! :) I want to make a Scooter plushie for my Son, but what with the shape of his head, and all his clothes, the task is somewhat daunting! I can imagine that a full-on puppet would be even harder, though I did find a link showing a pattern:

http://puppet-planet.com/ScooterPatterns.htm
  12. I love puppets

I love puppets New Member

Hey smalltimecrook,
    I know that creature clones makes replicas(but it can be costly). I hope i helped.
    :scary:

13. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

it would be cool i would rather have a rowlf or walter or uncle deadly first
  14. Superstarseven

Superstarseven New Member

Uncle Deadly would seem like a much harder puppet to replicate than Rowlf and most certainly Walter. You'd need to commission one from a builder on the level of a Jarrod Boutcher or other experienced person.
  15. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

16. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Haha, yep. I pretty much idolize Jarrod and his puppet making skills :)
  17. I love puppets

I am fortunate to have one of Jarrod's puppets but he does not sell his replicas. I have tried many times to ask him to build one for me, but he just won't do it.
  18. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

It's true, he will not commission them, but he was selling his own a while back. I remember him posting something about it in the forums, there was an Elmo, Animal, PePe, and alot of his originals. I'm guessing they sold quick, but check with him, you may luck out.....
  19. I love puppets

I bought a Bert :( Replica from him and I loved it, so a couple of months later I asked if he had anymore, and he still had Telly, Zoe and Animal:halo:, though it probably has changed. But you should still email him and find out.