Scraps of Memories - Any Help?

Quoix

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

There a few sketches I can remember from when I was younger, but I can only remember tiny parts of them. if anyone could help me out with names or maybe further details then i'd be very grateful. Anyway, heres what I remember...

• An "Oklahoma" style scene with (I think Grover) having to come through some westen style doors to the shows main tune
  • A cartoon scene of Big Bird and Snuffy standing on a Map of SS
  • A Musical number with Bert going on the journey of how his blanket was made (I can only remember scraps of the tune - It went something like "Thats the story of, Berts Blankey". I do know it had dancing sheep!)
  • A Scene with Cookie Monster in a Rocket (Traveling around a star or the Moon maybe?)
  • A Gameshow scene with Guy Smily from which the only thing I can remember it ended in the joke "Its raining cats and dogs, make sure you dont step in a poodle!

I know everything theres a bit vauge, but if anyone could help on filling in the gaps in my head then I'd be very grateful!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
•A Musical number with Bert going on the journey of how his blanket was made (I can only remember scraps of the tune - It went something like "Thats the story of, Berts Blankey". I do know it had dancing sheep!)
"Bert's Blanket."
•A Scene with Cookie Monster in a Rocket (Traveling around a star or the Moon maybe?)
"If Moon Was Cookie."
•A Gameshow scene with Guy Smily from which the only thing I can remember it ended in the joke "Its raining cats and dogs, make sure you dont step in a poodle!
"Here is Your Life: Carton of eggs."

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Oklahoma!

I clearly remember the Oklahoma! bit.
That was a sketch with Kermit the Frog and Forgetful Jones. Forgetful Jones was a little forgetful on what his cue was and somehow kept messing up his entrance, which got director Kermit more frustrated with each attempt. :smile:

It was hilarious. I'm sure somewhere along the line the viewers learned about over, around, under and through too or something like that.

Although I know for sure, there's another sketch where Grover sings a song about over, around, under and through and demonstrates by going through saloon style doors.

I definitely remember Cookie Monster's "If Moon Was Cookie" song. I remember seeing it as a child and I watched it pretty recently on a Sesame Street tape I've got.

The "Here is Your Life" game show sequences with Guy Smiley also sound very familiar. :stick_out_tongue:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Oklahoma! again

By the way, you can see a brief glimpse of the Oklahoma! sketch with Kermit the Frog and Forgetful Jones at the end of The Street We Live On special. It's briefly shown when the calendar turns to 1988!
(Now this is from the original airing. From what I understand, the VHS and DVD release is not going to have the 35 year clip sequence or the "Mah Na Mah Na" sketch at the end, which is a shame.) :sympathy: :cry:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
this goes way back to the mid 70s where Big Bird id talking about the letter Q and it's hanging on the door to his nest and the tail or stem for the Q comes off it and floats away and is noy an O and BB is upset another 1 is where Gordon wants to say the alphabet with Oscar and he doesn't want to but does Gordon would say A and it would appear on the screen making a ringing noise and Oscar would say B and the letters he'd say looked sloppy and you heard these awful sounds when they appeared on the screen. . anyone recall these?

Quoix

Reaction score
Thanks Guys :big_grin:

After you mentioned more about the Oklahoma sketch it all came flooding back to me! The Oklahoma music would play, but Grover would always come through the saloon doors wrong (under, over, through, around ect...). Then at the end, just when Grover got it right the filming was cut short as Praire Dawn hit a gong and shouted "Lunch is up!"!

Im gonna try and get a copy of the 35th Aniversary eppy soon. Lets hope its got the clip on! :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Quoix said:
An "Oklahoma" style scene with (I think Grover) having to come through some westen style doors to the shows main tune!
It was a play on vowels and had Forgetful Jones, not Grover, and was being directed by Kermit. Kermit kept getting frustrated because Forgetful Jones would forget which vowel to use to start the song, singing:

AAAAAAAAklahoma
IIIIIIIIIKlahoma
EEEEEEKlahoma
UUUUUUKlahoma

Quoix

Reaction score
Eh perhaps it didn't come flooding back to me the best it could of :stick_out_tongue:

But yes, now that you mention it that was the scene. I remember it now. Thanks Fozzie.

The Grover bit with the saloon doors was a different scene as stated before, I instincly linked them together :embarrassed: :frown: Well, I surpose it has been a long time! :wink: