script writing program

puppetise

Reaction score
is there a program made for writting scripts if so can you show me the place to download

Dwo shwoom

Reaction score
not to be rude, but you could always use windows word (if you have windows).:grouchy:

faze

Reaction score
There is Final Draft 7 - that is a script writing program what is used in the industry and very easy to you its a life saver.

So you dont have to worry about margins, tabs, it does it for you, there is pull down menu and choose if its an action or dialogue and it does the tabing for you. I stopped using word

i downloaded mine from www.frostwire.com
its finaldraft 7 and its a .zip file and you need unzip it install it.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Please don't download Final Draft off Frostwire (which is an open source Limewire client) or any other filesharing service guys. That's software piracy.

Puppetwise, you can use Word to write scripts but it takes a lot of hassle to keep them in the proper format. The best thing to do is use Final Draft as Faze suggested (just buy it, don't download it illegally). There's a free demo available from http://www.finaldraft.com that you can try out.

If you wanted to get Final Draft, a really good idea for you since you're 15 might be to contact the Australian Writers' Guild (AWG), tell them you're a student interested in writing scripts and see if they have any special discounts or programs.

If you can't afford Final Draft, there is a free script writing program called Script Maker available at http://www.mindstarprods.com/cinergy/ScriptEditor.html and you can find others if you take the time to search a little with Google.

One thing you should do sooner rather than later is learn to write in proper script format if you don't know how to already. If you eventually want to get in to film or TV (or theatre for that matter) no one will take you seriously unless you're able to write in the proper formats so the sooner you get in the habit the better. The nice thing about script writing software is that it does most of the work for you!

A really excellent book I'd recommend reading is Elements of Style for Screenwriters by Paul Argentini. If you check out your local library they probably have at least one or two books on writing scripts and screenplays.

Keep in mind too that Australia has a slightly different layout for scripts than the U.S. There's a good guide to Australian script layout located at http://www.afc.gov.au/downloads/pubs/sugg_script.pdf

faze

Reaction score
I do apologize for reffering to downloading it from frostwire, i guess i was just trying to help Wayne out and was not thinking.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think Final Draft is still a great suggestion Faze. I love Final Draft. I did a writing workshop with Brian Michael Bendis (the comics writer) a few years ago and got it because he was raving about how much he loved it.

Before I used Final Draft I used to use RoughDraft. Forget the free program I mentioned before, if anyone needs free script writing software download Rough Draft from http://www.rsalsbury.co.uk/rd.htm

Although it is free, if you do download it consider making a small donation to the author Richard Salsbury. He's spent countless hours writing the program and the donations encourage him to continue updating it.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I think Final Draft is still a great suggestion Faze. I love Final Draft. I did a writing workshop with Brian Michael Bendis (the comics writer) a few years ago and got it because he was raving about how much he loved it.

Before I used Final Draft I used to use RoughDraft. Forget the free program I mentioned before, if anyone needs free script writing software download Rough Draft from http://www.rsalsbury.co.uk/rd.htm

Although it is free, if you do download it consider making a small donation to the author Richard Salsbury. He's spent countless hours writing the program and the donations encourage him to continue updating it.
Thanks Andrew!

BTW, great blogs! What's different about yours compared to, say, mine (muppetfandom.blogspot.com)? I don't cover puppets and Muppets that much, mainly b/c news is slow and the Muppet Newsflash blog is the be all and end all of great Muppet blogs. 'Nuff said. Do you think I need to cover puppets more, or do you want me to do different blogs for different things?

Thank you in advance for any feedback Andrew.

I hate to bring this topic down, but I need some major feedback. If you want me to blog right, I need feedback. I am going to use the same username that I have with that Blogger account. I'm going to kill the blog as it is now if enough ppl here think I need to do different blogs for different things. PM me if you think this is a good idea. I also need readership and traffic being brought to my blog sites. Is a podcast going to do that? And another thing. I want to make a website that goes down all of my interests, basically culling all of my blog posts from these blogs and putting it on ONE website. I would call it bjwanlund.com or something like that, if the domain isn't taken already. I'll Google myself tonite and see what's what.

BJ

EDIT: 35 results, MOST OF THEM involving moi. Type "BJ Wanlund" in Google Search. All of my interests and personality traits are sufficiently covered. Go freaking figure.