Scultping/mould making help

beemer

Reaction score
srry, i dont think this is that puppet related
Im 16 right now and its been a ambition of mine to work at a special fx workshop. Im not really bothered about wot job i would do but since i h8 animatronics and not that gd a drawing i guessed mb i should try sculpturing & mould making.
i have never done anything involving either but im taking a short course in body casting next month and later in the year i hope to get a job to pay for other cousres since they can be really expensive. :crazy:
once i leave school got to art college or get an apprenticeship to get experience.
im just majorly confused and was wondering if that was the right was to go about it
:eek:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Your favorite Muppet film is The Dark Crystal and you hate animatronics? Well, you got my attention. Best of luck in finding a path towards your artistic goals. I don't know what it's like in Europe, but I can tell you from an American perspective that artistic goals are sometimes difficult to reach, but they're always worth the effort. Good luck!
And out of curiosity, what part of Scotland are you from? My ancestors came from the Isle of Skye.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Buy this DVD (it's only available as Region 1 though). I also have an article on Puppet Building Resources you should check out here that may help.

DMETxix

Reaction score
I've checked out Noreen Young's puppet techniques, and am in fact considering buying this DVD Buck mentions in his reply. It seems like a good source for the for the beginning latex puppetbuilder.

Beemer: I checked your website, I kinda liked your conceptual drawings.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
I bought the Noreen Young DVD.

Quick review: AWESOME. Not only does it walk you through making latex puppets, but a a bonus you also get a very goo lesson in muppety polyfoam puppet making!

And I mean Muppety!

beemer

Reaction score
im not interested in animatronics coz its not very creative part and seems bit boring .
thx for the info on the dvd but not sure i can get it, any books on it?
im from scotland and i think there is quite alot of workshops in the uk. i allready know 2
nimba creations
creature shop
any one know more?