SDCC07: JHC Panel

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. Didn't know where to post this, especially since it versed on so many different productions of the Jim Henson Company... If anyone attended the panel at this year's Comic Con, please post here to hear your thoughts and whatever news they announced, as I can't find anything on it anywhere else.
Thanks.

beaker

Reaction score
So where's the San Diego Comic Con News?

I heard Jim Henson Company was spose to have all sorts of big Muppet/Fraggle/Dark Crystal 2/Puppet Up/etc news and stuff to announce and showcase at San Diego comic con this weekend...anyone know what went down?

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was there, It actually ended up being mostly about the new webisode show "The Skrumps" on Yahoo! kids. Then the latter half touched on "Puppet Up! Uncensored".

They basically gave us a list of upcoming products, that have all been covered more or less on this site (DVDs, Busts), The new figures based on the skrumps are coming out, talked about those new Jim Henson creature figures that are out now. Mangas for Dark Crystal and Labrynth.
Then the creator of the Skrumps talked about how he came up with the characters and the original childrens stories. How JHCompany picked it up. Then they did a display of how the animation is done, it is actually a combination of Animitronics and CG. The animatronics controls feed into the computer and control the CG character. So they had someone actually do it.
Then they talked about Puppet Up! and did a short live version of it for us. Ben Browder from Farscape got to be the Guinea Pig for the presentation, so if you watch the YouTube video he is "The Ninja".
The best part for me is that they announced that every month at the Avalon in Hollywood, CA they will be performing Puppet Up, so if you check out www.avalonhollywood.com you can get tickets for the 1st show on Aug 17th.

That was basically it, there was no new info on Fraggle Rock the movie or Dark Crystal 2.

and yes, i did get to meet Brian and Lisa... and YES it was amazing.

beaker

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was there, It actually ended up being mostly about the new webisode show "The Skrumps" on Yahoo! kids. Then the latter half touched on "Puppet Up! Uncensored".

They basically gave us a list of upcoming products, that have all been covered more or less on this site (DVDs, Busts), The new figures based on the skrumps are coming out, talked about those new Jim Henson creature figures that are out now. Mangas for Dark Crystal and Labrynth.
Then the creator of the Skrumps talked about how he came up with the characters and the original childrens stories. How JHCompany picked it up. Then they did a display of how the animation is done, it is actually a combination of Animitronics and CG. The animatronics controls feed into the computer and control the CG character. So they had someone actually do it.
Then they talked about Puppet Up! and did a short live version of it for us. Ben Browder from Farscape got to be the Guinea Pig for the presentation, so if you watch the YouTube video he is "The Ninja".
The best part for me is that they announced that every month at the Avalon in Hollywood, CA they will be performing Puppet Up, so if you check out www.avalonhollywood.com you can get tickets for the 1st show on Aug 17th.

That was basically it, there was no new info on Fraggle Rock the movie or Dark Crystal 2.

and yes, i did get to meet Brian and Lisa... and YES it was amazing.
THANK YOU! I was wondering why there was a blackout on the SDCC JHC news. So yay.

I remember the old Skrumps figures, cant wait to see the new ones. I still think it should be puppetry, but thats just me. Tho, I still dig Waldo.

Sad there was no Dark Crystal 2 news as its spose to be out next may.

Im going to be at the Avalon in Hollywood this weekend, and will be in so cal
when this happens. It'd be so awesome to check out Puppet Up, I absolutely love the stuff Ive seen. They SO need Puppet Up figures.

Glad ya got to go! and thanks for the scoop

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
You can hear the PuppetUp portion of the program NOW on the Henson.com Podcast.

Next Monday you'll hear the Skrumps portion. Then 2 weeks after that the Farscape portion and then finally, most of the Q&A. (The current new Podcast Schedule is every two weeks.)

So you'll get to hear a lot of it soon. :smile:

Make sure you're subscribed!

www.Henson.com/podcast

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
OH ya sorry I totally forgot about that... FARSCAPE news also. Farscape is coming back in webisodes. It will take place where the show left off, the same cast is back, and each episode will be about 10-15 minutes long.

Slipped my mind, but it seems really exciting