Searching for a certain episode/skit

Kerri

Reaction score
I wrote this in the introductions area but thought it best to repeat it in here:
Hello everyone, my name is Kerri, and I'm looking for help. I was born in 1968 and watched Sesame Street as far back as I can remember. I even have my own original copy of the Sesame Street LP, with the original cast, and know and have taught my kids every word to every song!!! It's still a classic. Anyway...

On what I believe was my 4th birthday party, my mom surprised my friends and I and had us sit down to watch the show, and MY FATHER was on it!!! I was wondering how if at all I could look it up and perhaps get a copy of the skit?! He was a truck driver, wearing an orange and yellow shirt, rolling boxes down a roller-type thingee in the skit, and you can hear kids counting the boxes as he rolls them off the truck. This was probably in 1972, but could have been a year earlier or later. I'd just LOVE to see it again, and perhaps get a copy for my own kids. Anyone have any suggestions??? Is it possible. If it makes any difference, my father's name is/was Floyd Keeler.

Years later my Dad told me the story of how he happened to be on the show: he was at a store unloading his tractor-trailer truck, when "some young chick" came up to him and asked him if he'd mind being filmed doing it for an episode of Sesame Street. He said "sure", but didn't believe for a minute that this young lady was serious. Before a half hour went by, he says, all these people and cameras came around him, and so it happened. How thrilled I was to see Dad on my favorite show!!! I only wish that my own kids could see it. As my father passed away a few years ago, it would mean the absolute world to me and my family to somehow get a copy of this, whatever it takes, if it's possible. Thank you, everyone, for reading this long post, also thanks in advance for ANY suggestions or information that might help me in my quest to see this clip again in my lifetime!!!

Kerri

Reaction score
OMG! It's been over 30 years since I've seen it!!!!!!!! I saw it that day, and one other time it was randomly on when I was little, and I never saw it again :frown: Just THINKING that I *could* see it again's got me teary eyed!!! Would you be willing to check at your convenience to see if you do indeed have it, and could you perhaps make a copy for me? Please let me know, and I would send you money for a tape, the episode, postage, whatever, for your time, you tell me. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY you have totally made my day!!!!

Kerri

Reaction score
Yeah, it was pretty cool. I just talked to my mom today, she said at my (she believes, too) 4th birthday party, knowing my Dad was going to be on Sesame Street, my aunt had come over with a video tape recorder of some sort (could it have been an 8mm? What did they even have back then?!) and had aimed it at the television set and filmed it. The only thing was, my Aunt taped the whole thing SIDEWAYS, which really irked my mom! She says she'd had that (I guess) reel-to-reel tape footage of that episode for years, and finally it disappeared through the course of several moves. What a shame, that would've been a hoot to see it!

Chris Von Count

Reaction score
Hey MuppetDude if you do have that I would like to see that film again as well! If you're a part of YouTube.com you can upload it to the site, I am sure some of the other nostalgic SS fans would love to see it as well.:smile: :wink: :excited:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
BTW how many boxes did your father really unload from the truck? I remember the film and there was only 20 boxes that were counted but I'm sure there were much more than that. I would of loved to have seen them count more boxes.

Kerri

Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure it was a truckload! I would've liked to see 'em do the whole truck, but probably the other kids would've fell asleep around box #327!!!

Kerri

Reaction score
What a FLASHBACK!!!!!

MuppetDude, I have to say here where everyone can read it: YOU ROCK. That you took the time to find that skit with my dad unloading boxes from a truck with the kids counting to 20.... and make me a copy and get it out to me, that was awesome. I can't thank you enough.

Seeing this clip after about 34 years.... it's just incredible. And now I have it to show my own kids: there's their grandpa, who my first three kids met and my baby and one on the way will never meet, and here's their grandpa on their FAVORITE SHOW. Nothing could be cooler, nothing. I am just so moved, I'm crying again :smile: happy tears. MuppetDude, bless you.

:mad:

Sincerely,
Kerri