Seasame Street Live VEE Productions Audition

pdbooch

Reaction score
Hey All,
Has anyone had any experience being involved with the Seasame Street Live touring productions? I just read on the Puppeteers of America classified they are having auditions next week in Philly, and I'm considering trying out as a puppeteer. They are holding auditons for Costume performers, live performers and puppeteers.
Any thoughts.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are several people here who work for VEE and have performed characters for Sesame and Bear Live. There are many others who are very knowledgable. So feel free to ask any questions you have.

:frown:

pdbooch

Reaction score
Well, I guess my 2 real questions are:

1. Are they good to work for, if I actually did get hired?

2. Is there any flying involved to show locations?

I haven't actually done any professional puppeteering, but I know I have the skills for it. I'm looking for a change in careers, and I don't have anything like this on my resume really either. Hmmm... any advice out there?
Thanks in advance
Patrick

Treelo

Reaction score
>1. Are they good to work for, if I actually did get hired?

Yes, VEE is a great company. The only downfall is that the performers are all non-union, so you can't get an equity card out of the deal.

>2. Is there any flying involved to show locations?

Yes, you will need to fly from time to time, especially if the show goes international.

If you want to be a puppeteer, you will need to prepare a 90 second routine with your own hand and rod puppet. You will also have to be ready to perform an acappella lip-synch song with a puppet. (They usually ask you to sing "She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain.)

Experience helps, of course - but don't hesitate to give it a shot. I'd just suggest getting plenty of practice time before your audition. If you're not quite ready, you can also submit an audition tape down the road....

puppet builder

Reaction score
Puppeteering for Vee Corp

Hi!

Vee Corp is a decent enough company, but understand the pay is marginal (impossible - if you have to maintain a household).

Sesame Street Live is mostly full-body dancers. Bear has some hand-rod work...

Good luck!
PB