Season 1 DVD -- your thoughts?

Wembley

Reaction score
I just got home with it and popped it in my DVD player...

Wonderful DVD set - discs 1 thru 4 have all of the shows from season one, and the 5th disc has cast and crew commentary as well as the "Down at Fraggle Rock" special. The video on the shows I've seen so far is crip and clear (at least on my TV it is)

I am not sure if the episodes are uncut or not - but the credits on the end are mostly uncut except for the last second or two where the screen is overlayed with a green "Jim Henson" logo on black background and copyright instead of the "Henson Associates" copyright line. This is the first time (at least that I know of) that the original closing credits are seen (with the fraggles running through the cave) since the 80's! (Side note: I used to hate when they came on when I was a kid, since it was the end of my favorite half-hour of TV)

The commenteries are wonderful as well - they include some never-before-seen video that is a wonderful view into the magic that is Fraggle Rock.

One thing I find interesting is the menus - they are very well done, with the minor exception of the effect used to go from the menu to the actual show - it's a boulder pounding the menu "out of sight" that is very well done but does not really fit in to the theme of Fraggle Rock. (Here's a hint for HIT -- on next season's DVD, how about using an effect of panning down (or up) "through" the rock, like the effect used when making the transition from the Workshop to the Rock.... it would fit into the "theme" of Fraggle Rock so much better I think!)

What would I like to see? Well, I would love to see some "international" versions of the show - that is, some of the foreign Doc and Travelling Matt sections - and, of course, some of the foreign dialogue and music as well. I do realize that this is more of a childrens disc instead of a "fraggle collecter's" disc, and I would love to see a "collecter's edition" with these things included.

Well, I must say that this DVD set is a great purchase, I can't wait for the next season to come out!

I will update my thoughts here as I watch more of the DVDs. Feel free to post YOUR thoughts here too!

I can't wait to show my neice tomorrow...

-Rick "Wembley" Miller
..."You can NOT leave the magic!"

Wembley

Reaction score
Whoops --

Looks like I should have read the board BEFORE posting!!! :smile:

Mods: Feel free to move my other message to its own thread and delete this one. Thanks! :smile: