1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Season 38 Characters thread

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Drtooth, Jul 6, 2007.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Few more...

Episode 4146: Rosita, Telly and Zoe Play Family.
    The Camel, from Gina the Veterinarian.
    How would it be best to list him?

Episode 4147: Gabi, Telly and Zoe Have a Picnic.
    The Ant, how would it be best to list this character?
    Should she be listed simply as "The Ant"? Or should she be listed as "The Picnic Ant"?
    The Teddy Bear that belonged to the ant.

Elmo's World: Insects/Bugs.
    The Cricket, probably the only one missing from the group that showed up at the beginning of the segment.

Thanks, hope to hear from my faithful sources soon.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I would add one more to the list.

Muppet Peach. I've never seen a muppet version of a peach before, so I think it's new. it appeared during the rap song about fruits. While the skit had the standards like the apple and Pinapple and a pear... I don't think a peach has ever been made.

It was upside down (stem side down), like they draw it in Japanese cartoons. It basically had the same eyes the apple did.

I don't know if the ant appeared before or not. i'm sure it did. It was a brown ant with Muppet eyes (brown lids) and a muppet mouth (none of those sideways pinchers like real ants have).

As for the Teddy, it's basically one of those 1" plastic teddys covered with flocking that you can buy at a craft store.

The Camel from that episode was the same as the one they've been using for a while now. But it had the same "Edgar from Men in Black" voice as the Camel from the Global Grover skit he was in. So I don't know if you should list it as "Camel" or whatever the camel's name was in that Global Grover skit.
  3. Drtooth

update for new episode

No real new characters. However, a couple things to add...

1) the little boy at the end of the first segment that wanted to sing to, causing them to have to think up a song for 4...

He was a small purple glove type AM (like Roosevelt Franklin). he had the same type of sweater vest that Kingston livingston had. He had green eye lids, no nose, and spikey blonde hair.

2) I don't know if this is a new puppet. They have a Muppet Eggplant. I'm sure I've seen it before... but instead of it having a glossy black/purple finish (like real eggplants) it was made of a more matte looking lighter purple.
  4. Drtooth

Update episode 4150

Not too many new ones. There was one. i don't know if you want to list it as "Caddy" or "Golf" coach.... He was the one that said "You need a weeee bit of wind" to Gordon.

He was an orange pumpkin AM, large pink tear shape nose, green eye lids. He had curly brown hair. He wore a blue baseball cap and a golf sweater that was like diagonal plaid green and yellow.
  5. The Count

Thanks... Thought that was Old Macdonald though.
    He might be better known as the "Caddy", since Telly was the coach getting all the stuff to help Gordon practice.
    Also, what about the AM that showed up during the sketch with Grover and Mr. Johnson?

And thanks for keeping this going... Just haven't posted lists of questions cause there haven't been much to ask about in these last few episodes.
  6. Drtooth

It was the furry green diamond shaped head monster.
  7. The Count

Hi... We finally hit a good new character pay-day.

Episode 4151: The Worm Cp.
    Sofia, (human kid at Hooper's Store)
    Lotta Chatter
    Squirmidene
    Monsieur du Puveille, Squirmadene's Grouch Coach, (which is funny as it translates into "sir" or "gentleman of the trashcan")
    Wigglestein
    Squishtina Or is it Squashteena?
    Wormela
    Spaghettini
    The Referee Worm
    Maggy the Chicken
    Vi the Violin, or was he a violinist?
    Bo the Bow

Hope to hear from youz guys soon.
  8. Drtooth

Lotta Chatter- Pink round diamond head AM, rod arms... blue eye lids with lashes, small round pink nose. Blonde hair in a pony tail, held by red bands, wore a blue sport jacket white shirt, and red scarf. She held one of those microphoes that has a round top and one of those cube things in the middle, and it had pictures of soccer balls on it.

Squirmadine-teal worm with lighter teal stripes

His coach (His name was too muffled to hear, but it sounded like it could have been Montihuge, or the French Equivilant, and the French word for grouch) was a brown grouch that looked sort of like Oscar, but with black eye brows. He wore a beret.

Wigglestien - purple worm with light purple stripes

Spagghetini- Light blue worm with lighter blue stripes and a small stock of black hair.

I forget which ones the others were, but one was brown with light brown stripes (the one from Africa, I think) and another light blue one.

Worm Referee- Same as slimey, but he wore a small sleeveless black and white striped uniform.

The French Worms- 3 worms, one like slimey, one light brown, one red sitting at a small french style restaurant table.

American Worms- 2 worms, One red, one Black and white sitting outside a small black SUV with random sports paraphernalia around them.

Vi the Violin and her bow- Same as violin and bow from Elmo's World- Violins

Maggie the Chicken- standard late 90's style Sesame Muppet Chicken (It's beak is larger and more triangular than Cammella's)
  9. Drtooth

Woman who ISN'T Stella...

Pink round fuzzy monster, green medium sized round nose, wire framed glasses, lids with either blue or green lids, and a bunch of rollers in her hair.
  10. The Count

OK, back with some new entries...

Episode 4154: The Amazing Alphabet Race.
    Amazing Al.
    Cluck, the Tap-Dancing Chicken.
    Lashiah, or is it Leshiah? (human kid from today's street story).
    The ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYSZ Delivery Company Delivery Man.
    The Tap-Dancing Tomato.
    The Count's Pit Crew Helpers.

Hope to hear from someone soon.
  11. Drtooth

Amazing Al- Lavendar Live hands AM, orange traingle nose, blue eye lids, light brown tussled hair and eye brows. Wore a bluejean jacket.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ Delivery Co. Delivery Guy- Hot Pink Live Hands AM, big blue round nose. Wide open eyes, Big grey bushy eye brows, bald, wore blue delivery uniform with the ABC logo on his shirt and hat.

Tapdancing Tomato- Standard Muppet tomato with vines for feet.

Pit Crew- 3 Monkey Muppets in orange racing uniforms. 2 of the monkeys were the Davey and Joey puppets, one was a new one that was slightly bigger, has nostrils, and orange stringy hair.

Tap Dancing Chicken- Stangard Brown Chicken.
  12. The Count

Some more new entries...

Episode 4155: Ralphie leaves Baby Bear.
    The Parrot Magazine Delivery Woman.
    The characters from Annie Get Your Gumbo, would appreciate help in identifying them by name as I believe each's names were mentioned.
    The names of the two kids Big Bird greets at the beginning of the episode.

Thanks, hope to hear from you guys soon.
  13. Drtooth

Parrot mail woman- Lavendar live hands, round yellow nose, pink lids with lashes, Brown paigeboy type haircut- Navy blue Mail carrier's uniform.

Annie get your Gumbo cast.

(4 of the characters are the same reused actor family, I'll note them)

Annie- Mom puppet
    Frank- Dad puppet
    Tina- Daughter Puppet
    Son Puppet (I forget his name, or if it was mentioned)

Now, here's the new ones

Ethel- Curvey headed pink rod Am Blue/grey wild hair, pink small round nose, pink lids with lashes, glasses.

Uncle Myron- Orange Pumpkin Am, Small pink triangular nose
    Brown hair, Glasses, Blue lids.

Cat- Orange Tabby puppet

They all wore cowboy uniforms, but I can't get into specifics, since they were all different, and I didn't get a chance to categorize them, since the segment moved too quick. But the girls wore girlish, bright colors, and the men wore earth tone types.
  14. The Count

Thanks. Wasn't the boy's name Biff? And was it "Uncle" Myron? From what I heard of the song, both Myron and Ethel were cousins. And wasn't there a third character voiced by Eric who sang along with Myron and Ethel?
  15. Drtooth

Eric was Myron. I believe they called him Uncle Myron at the beginning. It may have been a continuity error or something.
  16. The Count

New entries for you to ponder over...

Episode 4157: Elmo teaches Abby how to play pretend.
    Prince, Abby's doll.
    The family from Dinner Theater: Pear.
    The AM who showed up at the end of Concert for Cuchara, how should she be listed?

Hope to hear from my friends soon.
  17. Drtooth

Abby's Doll Prince: A small frog plush toy, with wide open muppet eyes, exactly like Elmo's. It wore a small golden crown. When she kissed it, it turned into a Prince doll. It kinda looked like Bert without the eyebrow, in prince robes with a pink cape.

The AM at the end of the spoon thing wasn't an AM. It was a Spoon. It had wide open eyes with red moving lips.

The family was the same as it usually was. But there was a pear that had a black afro, pink sunglasses and a random floating hand.

And then there was the chicken. Unlike the usual brown Camilla looking ones, it was a white one with big wide open eyes. Don't know if they ever used it before.
  18. The Count

Just a few from today...

Episode 4159: Rosita gets upset when Zoe and Abby are playing together.
    The White Rabbit, he shows up to get his teapot derusted at the Fix-It-Shop.
    Or was that some other Wonderland character?

Skyla.
    Rafphael/Raphaelle.
    These were the two kids in Oscar's Grouchketeer Band.

Hope to hear from my friends soon, thanks.
  19. Drtooth

The "white" rabbit. He wasn't exactly white... and to tell you the truth, until he mentioned being late and pulling out the pocket watch, I swore he could have been the March Hair (due to the needing to fix the Tea Pot).

Anyway, on to the description. It seems they used a lavender live hands AM for the base. They covered it with matching lavender fur. he had Eyes with matching lavender lids, a big round orange nose, and a large white moustache. he had a brown sweater vest with a white shirt and black tie underneith.
  20. The Count

OK... Last batch of characters.

Episode 4160: Grouch News Network.
    Dan Rather-Not
    Walter Cranky
    Algada (SP?) (human kid who says the alphabet with Abby).
    Elmo's World: Helping.
    The Nurse
    The Crossing Guard
    The Lifeguard

Hope to hear from yous guys soon and have a rotten day.