Season 39 in Hi-Def

Drtooth

Reaction score
No! I Don't Wanna See This! I can't believe I'm the only one here who doesn't have an HDTV. I'm like so behind technology, you won't believe it. I still have a very old Hitachi 13" Color TV with a rotary tuner. My parents are so cheap!
hey, dude. I think I put it best in another thread... i actually could care less, sine I have a Tv that's probably even tinier than yours and on it's way out. One of the channel buttons broke off. And HD it totally isn't. 8 years old, man. they sure don't build things to last anymore. And for the record, my channel 2 barely even comes in. So, don't worry. You're not alone.

And the main thing I'm concerned about is classic clips being used. None of the material that I enjoy watching on TV will EVER be in HD. It's completely useless to me. I am gonna cry really hard and let out my tears on February 17, 2009.
Hmmm... that's an interresting bit. With the rest of the show HD, will the older slips look like junk? Will they be fuzzy and off? Will it be like watching a poor quality dollar store DVD? Or will they spend a fortune to get them to look good?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
hey, dude. I think I put it best in another thread... i actually could care less, sine I have a Tv that's probably even tinier than yours and on it's way out. One of the channel buttons broke off. And HD it totally isn't. 8 years old, man. they sure don't build things to last anymore. And for the record, my channel 2 barely even comes in. So, don't worry. You're not alone.

Hmmm... that's an interresting bit. With the rest of the show HD, will the older slips look like junk? Will they be fuzzy and off? Will it be like watching a poor quality dollar store DVD? Or will they spend a fortune to get them to look good?
I'm sure they'll find a way to show older stuff so let's quit worring about stuff like this so let's just cool it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what they do with the older material. I hope ideally hope they won't be forgotten. Though at the same time, I wouldn't want them to look too updated and perfect. They lose some charm that way. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I'm just worried about having to buy one of those stupid converter boxes. I mean, you can't sell blood anymore. :crazy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
No! I Don't Wanna See This! I can't believe I'm the only one here who doesn't have an HDTV. I'm like so behind technology, you won't believe it. I still have a very old Hitachi 13" Color TV with a rotary tuner. My parents are so cheap!

And the main thing I'm concerned about is classic clips being used. None of the material that I enjoy watching on TV will EVER be in HD. It's completely useless to me. I am gonna cry really hard and let out my tears on February 17, 2009.
Aw, you aren't the only one so don't feel bad. I don't got no HD, and I don't care.:smirk:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I just hope now that the show is shot in HD widescreen that maybe we'll finally get widescreen releases of FTB and EIG.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just hope now that the show is shot in HD widescreen that maybe we'll finally get widescreen releases of FTB and EIG.
Hey, as long as prints of both from the actual movies are in tact, it's possible. I don't get why EIG didn't come with both. But FTB, they clearly just took it off a VHS source. Lots of older films unfortunately do that.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Sesame Street's 39th season is being shot in HD! Now you'll be able to see all of the detail and beauty of the Muppets and the sets. The season is set to debut on August 11, 2008 on PBS (check your local listings for times and details).
oh my goodness i can not wait that is going to be so great we are really going to get to see the beauty of cookie monster and elmo and all the rest of the preformores i was wondering when they where going to start, sooting in HD .

I just got a HD satalite receiver and tv this year, and i am watching the PBS channel though direct TV hehe .

i still watch my local station though hehe it is in hd also .:smile: :insatiable: