Secret of NIMH remake

Izzy the rat

Reaction score
:big_grin: I just read Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, and was thinking how cool it would be if they remade the movie with real rats! I mean, I'd like one that followed with the story for one thing, kept the book name, and for heaven sakes keep Mrs. Frisby's name instead of Brisby. I really think it would make a great movie. I don't have anything against the animated version, I love it. I'd just like to see one that follows the book and has real rats.

Oh and if you haven't read the book, it's a great read. I totally thought of rats differantly after reading it:eek: . If I was near my friend's pet rats, I was like..Heh..you guys building a movie theater under there?

anytimepally

Reaction score
I hated that they called her Mrs. Brisby in the movie.. I still can't watch it... it also bothered me a little that they changed the name, not much though.. after a while, "brisby" just started grating on my ears.. but the book is one of my all-time favorites and I'd be totally up for a live-action remake :smile:

gfarkwort

Reaction score
ewww.....I don't like that idea too much...currently Animal CG isn't that great to make them talk and I think the Original is just fine as a representation.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Never read the book, didn't know it was a book first... But the original movie is one of my all-time faves, resonating with something that hits home with me personally.
Not sure I'd dig a live book-bettered CGI remake. Plus, it'd just add to my sourness of remakes, adding the fact that this'd be the second follow-up to a great animated movie and the first follow-up fell into the Disney Sucky Sequels bin.

muppetsadmirer

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have not read the book. I would like to one day.
I did like MGM's animated version The Secret of N.I.M.H., even if they called her Brisby instead of Frisby.
I'm still not sure about a live-action re-make. I guess that would be up to the company that decides to create the re-make. Maybe the company could surprise me.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Secret of NIMH doesn't need a remake, live action or otherwise. It didn't really even need a sequel (although I have read fanfiction much better than Timmy to the Rescue).

And re: Frisby vs. Brisby...they changed it to avoid conflicts with the Frisbee company, so that they wouldn't cry copyright violation. And personally, she is forever going to be Mrs. Brisby to me.

-Kim