Segments that were cut on video

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Let's talk about what segments were cut when they were released on video and DVD.

I know that the following segments were cut:

1. All sceens with Ernie and bert from the skit where The Count counts sheep (in Bedtime Stories and Songs).
2. the ending of Do Op Hop (in The best of kermit On Sesame Street).
3. The beginning of the skit where John John asks grover to count a penny, in which grover tells John John that he loves him (in learning About Numbers).
4. The first shot in Put Down The Duckie (in Sing Yourself Silly).
5. The beginning of ABC Disco, where a girl asks grover if he wants to dance (in A celebration of Me, Grover!).
6. Allistar Cookies introduction and closing comments from Monsterpiece Theatre: The King And I (in A Celebration of Me, Grover!).
7. Little Jerrys introduction in Telephone Rock (in Rock & Roll).
8. The scene from Rock And Roll reader where little Chrissy enters the library and explaisn to telly that they do more than just perform in concerts.
9. Kermits line about the behalf of cooperation in Get Along (in What's The name of That Song?).
10. The beginnign fo Doin' The Pigeon (in What's The Name of That Song?).
11. the introduction to Don't Know Why Y Didn't Show, where Nora Jones tells Elmo about how the letter Y was supposed to meet her (in All-Star Alphabet).

has anything else been edited?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Heres some more stuff that was cut:

* Old Mac Donalds introduction to a new Way To Walk (in dance along).
* The ending of The Birdland Jump (in both Dance along and get Up and Dance).
*Various segments from dance Along, which often cut from the segments to shots of the kids dancing.
* Ernie and Elmos introduction to One Fine face (in The best of elmo).
*Elmos introduction to Elmos Song (in Elmos Sing-Along Guessing Game).

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Let's talk about what segments were cut when they were released on video and DVD.

I know that the following segments were cut:

1. All sceens with Ernie and bert from the skit where The Count counts sheep (in Bedtime Stories and Songs).
2. the ending of Do Op Hop (in The best of kermit On Sesame Street).
3. The beginning of the skit where John John asks grover to count a penny, in which grover tells John John that he loves him (in learning About Numbers).
4. The first shot in Put Down The Duckie (in Sing Yourself Silly).
5. The beginning of ABC Disco, where a girl asks grover if he wants to dance (in A celebration of Me, Grover!).
6. Allistar Cookies introduction and closing comments from Monsterpiece Theatre: The King And I (in A Celebration of Me, Grover!).
7. Little Jerrys introduction in Telephone Rock (in Rock & Roll).
8. The scene from Rock And Roll reader where little Chrissy enters the library and explaisn to telly that they do more than just perform in concerts.
9. Kermits line about the behalf of cooperation in Get Along (in What's The name of That Song?).
10. The beginnign fo Doin' The Pigeon (in What's The Name of That Song?).
11. the introduction to Don't Know Why Y Didn't Show, where Nora Jones tells Elmo about how the letter Y was supposed to meet her (in All-Star Alphabet).

has anything else been edited?
"Telephone Rock" was originally longer at the end as well, and I believe "Count it Higher" was longer on an episode of SS than on any home video release. I think it's a matter of only a few seconds longer on each song.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
One note on the "Elmo's Song" video clip on "Elmo's Sing-Along Guessing Game". While the song shown on this video does have the intro cut, this same song is also on the "Elmo in Grouchland: Sing and Play" video and the whole song is intact, with Elmo's introduction at the beginning. (Though there might be a second or two missing of Elmo's, Big Bird's and Snuffy's laughs at the end, if you want to be really technical!:smile: )

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
The first few seconds where Kermit makes his entrance and the ending for I Love my Elbows on Elmo's Sing Along Guessing Game as for the first half of Get Along. The introduction for I Don't Want to Live on the Moon and the first five seconds of Bein' Green got cut on Sesame Street 25 Wonderful Years. The shot where Kermit shows the AM's his muscles, the ending of Doo Wop Hop where Kermit jumps wildly and the extended ribbits in Tadpole got cut in The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street. Two Princes was edited in 40 Years of Sunny Days. The News Flashes in Big Bird's Storytime were edited. The part where Kermit croaks at the end of On my Pond was cut in Sing Along Earth Songs. The introduction for When I Listen got cut in Quiet Time. Only part one of the banana sketch was included in 40 Years of Sunny Days.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The shot where Kermit shows the AM's his muscles, the ending of Doo Wop Hop where Kermit jumps wildly and the extended ribbits in Tadpole got cut in The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street.
What are you talkign about when Kermit shows AMs his muscles? What segment?

I have been thinking, when the clips are shown on sesamestreet.org and as bonus features on the Old School DVDs, they fade to and from black, unlike on the show (for the most part... Select segments in early episodes would fade to black). And at times it seems like there's a few extra seconds at the beginning and end as a result (some more noticable than others; it's not as noticable on animated segments). I guess this would mean that every sketch is usually edited slightly on the show, and therefore also on most video and DVD releases. But I guess it would be silly/redundant to count these edits, right?

Of course on the 40th anniversary DVD, some of the clips end with fade-outs, and in some cases the fades seem to occur a few seconds earlier than they would have ended on the show (most noticable in Put Down the Duckie, when it starts fading to black when the ending music starts to play). Another thing about the 40th anniversary DVDs, that I wonder if should be counted as edits: Some of the clips begin with behind-the-scenes photos shown over the start of the clip, while the audio is heard. Should these count as edits? We get to hear all the important stuff, but miss a few seconds of visuals.

I have already noted all of the important edits I noticed in the 40th anniversary DVD in the thread on that DVD, and they are also listed on the Muppet Wiki page for it.

Finally, I'd like to point out that two bonus skits have edits in Old School Volume 1 (both edits appear at sesamestreet.org). The ending of "Lost Paperclips" (with Bert saying "Everybody's happy!") and the pre-title sequence to Super-Grover: Telephone Booth (and it looks like the first few seconds are also cut at sesamestreet.org).

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
In the broadcast version of I Love my Elbows, there was a shot where Kermit showed the AM's his muscles by bending his arm.