Selling fan created Muppet artwork

adviceneeded

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I'm looking for some advice on a piece of artwork I created one evening a few weeks ago.

The image is of Miss Piggy and was created with the aid of an online tutorial. The image would work as a 4ft x 4ft framed print or T-Shirt design.

Obviously the Miss Piggy is owned by Disney, but as a piece of "fan art" can I sell a few prints online? I was thinking of selling the image as a digital download (perhaps for around $4), so that the end user can manipulate the image (non-commercial) to suit their needs.

I have contact details within Disney for the right people to deal with, but I'm not a commercial artist. It would be good to pay for scuba lessons, etc. One idea is to find a publisher, but I've been there with other projects.

I understand that threadless.com recently staged a Muppet themed t-shirt competition, but I was too late for the deadline. I don't want to upset Disney nor do I want to upset fellow Muppet fans. I understand that some fans sell memorabilia and hope that they and others won't be offended if I make a few dollars with my artwork.

All advice is appreciated...

Best Wishes

Phil from Yorkshire, England