1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Selling my cute lil' green monster puppet!

Discussion in 'Puppets For Sale' started by muppetguy, Apr 16, 2011.

1. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Hello Everyone. I unfortunately have to make some more room and receive some funds for payments I have to make. I am selling my little green monster. He is absolutely adorable. This lil' guy is an original character, sketched by myself and built by an experienced puppet builder.

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC01905.jpg

This guy has adorable large irresistible eyes, a lime green fur body, orange eyebrows and an orange nose. The inside of his body is lined. He has a mechanism in his head that raises and lowers his eyebrows. His fingers have wire armature in it so you can pose them any which way you'd like to. He is a full bodied puppet. He also has one arm rod.

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC01909.jpg

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC01908.jpg

From head to toe, this guy measures 23 inches long.

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC01902.jpg

I am asking $400.00 for him. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM. If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me.
  2. Gerbert

Gerbert Member

All critiscism aside,
    The eyes are a main problem,
    and I think its more in the $195 - $217 price Range.. Sorry :/
  3. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

he is a great looking puppet and if i had the cash to spend i mightve help you out...but in todays age i think 400 may be a little much...i suggest ebay you can set your buy it now price and also gain bidders
  4. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

@Gerbert - everyone is entitled to their opinions.

@Frogpuppeteer - I thank you for the info. I was thinking this as well, but wanted to try here first.
  5. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

He is so cute muppetguy. I kinda like the eys, they add to the puppy-dog look of his facial expression. I dunno if that's what you were going for but that's the impresison I'm getting from him.
  6. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

That was exactly what I was going for, it bumps up the adorable cute quality to his character. He still is available if anyone is interested. I would be willing to work with you on the price, whoever may be interested in purchasing this little cute guy.
  7. Goochman

Goochman Member

He sure is a cute little guy, but I have to agree with Gerbert on the price. I've seen him on ebay.... my two cents, you're asking WAY too much for him.
  8. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Well, to be very honest, that price is the exact price I bought him for. Do, I mean what can I do. If I sell him for even 300, Im losing money.
  9. Puppetainer

Puppetainer Member

I agree he's a very cute little guy. Sorry you have to sell him and I hope you can get your price. I also agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion of the value. And I'd like to offer up a couple of my own observations.

As I prepare to enter the world of online puppet sales I've done a LOT of research in trying to arrive at what is a fair price for my work. As I've looked at the puppets available out there I began to see that far too many puppet builders have a tendency to undervalue their own work. Any puppet that is professionally hand crafted is a work of art that will have taken many hours to produce. And the artist who produces it will have spent many more hours learning and honing their craft. In my opinion that is work that shouldn't come cheap.

And indeed there are artists out there that are producing outstanding puppets and charging what I feel are fair prices but I worry whenever I see someone who is pricing their product too low. Each such incidence creates an expectation that these products shouldn't be priced higher. I suppose part of the problem is that puppets are so often seen as "just toys" and devalued as a result. But as we know not all puppets are toys and puppets built to a performance standard should be priced accordingly.

Again best of luck with selling the little guy!
  10. King Rupert

King Rupert Member

Did you have him custom built for you?
  11. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

I appreciate your kind words. You know, I agree. It is a very artistic thing to know how to build puppets that can be used for performances. I haven't sold him as of yet.

I don't think it is a very high price that is a custom made puppet from scratch (no patterns). I hope this answers your question as well, King Rupert.

Hopefully I will be able to sell him on day and that he goes to a home that appreciates such artistry.
  12. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

Muppetguy,

I'm curious who the builder was?

Thanks!
  13. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Hey Animal131, the builder is Michele of Puppet Planet.
  14. Puppetainer

Puppetainer Member

Okay now that I know who made it let me say again your price is fine. Michele's puppets are AMAZING! She is a very talented and experienced builder.
  15. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Yes, Michele is very talented. It's a shame no one has asked to purchase this cute guy. I feel like everyone is so used to mass produced collectibles (at cheap prices), that hand made ones/one of a kinds, aren't even looked at as much and appreciated anymore. But thank you again for understanding.