1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Send in the Nouns (song parody)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by DTF, Feb 14, 2005.

1. DTF

DTF Member

My good friend and I made up this song, when we were about 10. With slight modifications, I’ve turned it into a street scene. I think kids could enjoy something like this now, though more so back then when they were singing about being “born to add,” and other concepts more for 1-2nd grade. But, how hard is it to learn that any person place or thing is a noun - if you can name it, you can claim it, one might say. Could be a street scene or part of an Elmo’s World (where family is just as abstract)

Elmo: Hi, Zoe, hi, Rosita. Wow, Zoe and Rosita are dancing beautifully. Are you thinking about nouns, too?

Rosita: Si.

Zoe: In fact, whenever I think about anything, I’m thinking about a noun.

Elmo: Wow.

Rosita (pointing as she dances): Isn’t it rich, all those things there.

Zoe (twirls and points): Birds and clouds up in the sky, sidewalk down there. Where are the nouns?

Elmo: Wow, there’s things all around. Oh, hi, Big Bird.

Big Bird (entering, we see Gabi by Oscar’s can as Big Bird and the others dance/walk over ): Isn’t it great, isn’t it grand? All my friends gathering here, to sit or stand. Where are the nouns.

Gabi: All of those things and people too.

Elmo: Even the places like Hooper’s?

Gabi: Yep. (Sings again) Or even the zoo. (Goes to Oscar’s can): A noun can even have one inside it like so.

Oscar (popping out): Hey, enough happy singing, okay! Just tell them everything’s a noun and get on with it. Sheesh. (Goes back in)

Gabi: Though Oscar will want us to go.

Elmo: Don’t you love nouns? I know I see

Big Bird: Words come in all different types

Gabi: All around me.

Zoe: But, where are the nouns. Quick, send in the nouns.

All: They’re all around here.

Elmo: All things, they are nouns, and places are nouns.

All: And everyone here.

Yeah, probably too rich for SS to buy it now, and I don't know if they even buy stuff from ordinary people. But, I figured I'd post it here, anyway, as I was recollecting that great song we made up, "Where are the nouns."