Sequels You Like More Than The First?

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Sequels that i enjoyed as a kid were:
The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride
Peter Pan 2: Return to Neverland (I liked that Captain Hook was more serious in that film)
The Little Mermaid: Return to the Sea
Mulan 2 (Give or take, i liked this film as a kid)
The Jungle Book 2
The Fox and The Hound 2
Brother Bear 2
Pocahontas 2: Journey to a New World
Lady and The Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure
Atlantis: Milo's Return
101 Dalmatians 2: Patch's Adventure
Beauty and The Beast: Belle's Magical World
Cinderella 2: Dreams Come True
Cinderella 3: A Twist in Time
Those were about for movie sequels i remember as a kid.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Sequels that i enjoyed as a kid were:
The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride
Peter Pan 2: Return to Neverland (I liked that Captain Hook was more serious in that film)
The Little Mermaid: Return to the Sea
Mulan 2 (Give or take, i liked this film as a kid)
The Jungle Book 2
The Fox and The Hound 2
Brother Bear 2
Pocahontas 2: Journey to a New World
Lady and The Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure
Atlantis: Milo's Return
101 Dalmatians 2: Patch's Adventure
Beauty and The Beast: Belle's Magical World
Cinderella 2: Dreams Come True
Cinderella 3: A Twist in Time
Those were about for movie sequels i remember as a kid.
Really? That's interesting how you liked all of those more than the first!

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I have to say Scooby-Doo 2 Monsters Unleashed. I just saw it today, and well. The first one in my opinion was horrendous (but that's because I always liked Scrappy-Doo). However this second one was rather entertaining. It also dived into the characters of Velma, Scooby, and Shaggy well too.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I liked Toy Story 2 better than Toy Story, and I loved MMW more than TM.
You know what? I'll agree with you, Patrick! Toy Story 2... love strong female characters... er I mean Jessie. My gosh she is just one tough cowgirl.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
You know what? I'll agree with you, Patrick! Toy Story 2... love strong female characters... er I mean Jessie. My gosh she is just one tough cowgirl.
I think that the plot is just much more enjoyable, and, in Toy Story, it gets bland after watching it a couple of times. But, in Toy Story 2, it still stays exciting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say Scooby-Doo 2 Monsters Unleashed. I just saw it today, and well. The first one in my opinion was horrendous (but that's because I always liked Scrappy-Doo). However this second one was rather entertaining. It also dived into the characters of Velma, Scooby, and Shaggy well too.
The first film tried too hard to be like those Brady Bunch movies. Mocking the show's conventions, cliches, and blatantly retreading college student theories. It's funny the first time, but it doesn't hold up. The deleted scenes are better than the actual cut (animated opening especially). Plus, there's that random fart contest that technically happended before farts became a thing in kid's movies so it barely gets away with it, but is a BLAM none the less, and completely pointless.

The second one took referencing the show and put it to good use. It's, quite frankly, the Scooby-Doo movie we should have seen, instead of the completely dated humor of the self-parody film. Though I do HATE the completely usless bit with the fat guy who won American Idol that everyone forgot. Almost a worse BLAM than the fart contest.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
The first film tried too hard to be like those Brady Bunch movies. Mocking the show's conventions, cliches, and blatantly retreading college student theories. It's funny the first time, but it doesn't hold up. The deleted scenes are better than the actual cut (animated opening especially). Plus, there's that random fart contest that technically happended before farts became a thing in kid's movies so it barely gets away with it, but is a BLAM none the less, and completely pointless.

The second one took referencing the show and put it to good use. It's, quite frankly, the Scooby-Doo movie we should have seen, instead of the completely dated humor of the self-parody film. Though I do HATE the completely usless bit with the fat guy who won American Idol that everyone forgot. Almost a worse BLAM than the fart contest.
I agree 100%.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. That kind of humor died out relatively quick. In retrospect, the Scrappy-Doo thing was very heavy handed. It's been said Tim Curry was going to be the villain of the movie, but he backed out because Scrappy was in it.

Still, the second movie actually has a plot too, so... there's that.

Didn't see much of the made for TV ones where they're played by appropriate aged actors, but they're supposedly better than both films.

mr3urious

Reaction score
If there's another good thing about both live-action movies, it's Matthew Lillard as Shaggy, who was so perfectly cast that it's no wonder he became his new VA since Mystery Inc. Linda Cardellini was also nicely cast as Velma, though she voiced Velma's rival Marcie "Hot Dog Water" Fleach in the same show.