Series 10 in 2006

Drtooth

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Then before Christmas, Ken hinted that there was a new series 10 and it was revealed to be Wizard of Oz figures. Due to the sculpts not being completed according to Disney's schedule the second series 10 was canned was well.
There is at least 3 things I can find there that really anger and disappoint me.

1) They want to commemorate that movie? Personally, I wish they'd manufacture those little things from Men in Black that erase memory to forget that film.

2) Because they chose to make those, which wasn't a good idea, Disney had to cut them off before the contract officially expired? I thought the contract was through the END of 2005, not the beginning.

3) considering all the people who pushed for Sal, and seeing as how the Chef was placed to help ease the retail industry back into the line, which it didn't anyway, we could have had Sal in there. It wouldn't have helped, but it wouldn't have hurt them further.

But then again, I guess they're just as angry and dissappointed not making them, as we are of not seeing them. plus the angry fans that are trying to push them... so I guess it means we'll just have to focus on SS toys now...
:sympathy:

If only The Hensons kept the Muppets for at least one more year.

Luke

Reaction score
beaker said:
Don't say that Luke...we dont know that for sure:smile:
We do know for sure, that's what i'm saying. From reading the question threads i'm pretty sure Ken has stated there is no chance now.

As for Cheap New Figures, lets put it this way - they were the only ones interested in taking those exclusives and got behind the line and the collectors when there was little interest elsewhere and they were taking a huge risk. No matter what their site looks like it was either the figures come out through them or you don't get them at all, i think most fans and collectors are glad that they will have those figures in their collections.

beaker

Reaction score
As fans weve had a history of nitpicking, this is true.

One can look at 2005 this way. It's the end of the Muppets line, and the continuation of that other Muppets line, Sesame Street. You all remember Sesame Street right? I believe now and forever SS will always be here to show the Muppets in a colorful way and untouched way(As bad as Elmo was on the show, at least they are untouchable by Mickey's paws)

I think it's pretty lame Sal and the other figures wont be released...they should have had Sal in the last series.

When is Toy Fair again? Im curious what developments may arise there. Im hopeful 2005 will be another great Muppet merch year.

Luke

Reaction score
Toy Fair is Feb 20-23, but the one to look out for is Licensing International on June 21-23. This is where Disney will be pimping the Muppets, and Hit Fraggle etc to all the potential new licensees and talking about all the new stuff they'll be doing TV/Film wise. May even get a Muppet appearance there.

beaker

Reaction score
Luke said:
Toy Fair is Feb 20-23, but the one to look out for is Licensing International on June 21-23. This is where Disney will be pimping the Muppets, and Hit Fraggle etc to all the potential new licensees and talking about all the new stuff they'll be doing TV/Film wise. May even get a Muppet appearance there.
Very interesting. Thanks for that info!