Series 10 in 2006

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm... I thought series 10 was meant to be Palisades direct or a web site exclusive.... that was my understanding was. But I'm guessing it's a copywrite thing, or that Disney wants to have it's own crudy merchandise released for the crummy film....

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I believe Disney had little to do with it. The contract ended in 2005 and that was that.

beaker

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I don't want to go searching for it, but why exactly do they have to cancel series 10 because of what will probably be a lamizoid movie anyway?
"lame-a-zoid" would be an improvement...Oz looks like total...well since this is a family site, frelling dreck.

Anyways, as Dr Tooth pointed out wasnt these going to not be a 'series 10' but scattered net and con exclusives? what gives?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
beaker said:
Anyways, as Dr Tooth pointed out wasnt these going to not be a 'series 10' but scattered net and con exclusives? what gives?
Check out the release schedule for the current releases. It lists what is confirmed and what will likely not be made (that is already sculpted).

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2005/tms_figures.shtml

As you know series 10 was originally (MTI Gonzo/Rizzo, Uncle Deadley, Sal and Frog Scout Leader Kermit). Series 10 was canned due to brick and morter store support dropped, but Palisades hopes to release as many of the original series 10 as possible. Sal is the biggest character left that as of today hasn't yet found an "official" home.

Then before Christmas, Ken hinted that there was a new series 10 and it was revealed to be Wizard of Oz figures. Due to the sculpts not being completed according to Disney's schedule the second series 10 was canned was well.

For me personally, Sal is the #1 figure on my wishlist. I would give up all the other figures in 2005 just to get a Sal. The Electric Mayhem mini's would be next. We will have to wait and see if either comes to be at this point.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Don't want to say cause nothing's known at this time but... Ken did post a thread asking for people's help with getting him high-res scans or digital pics of a Muppet penguin. So maybe there's still some hope, though I don't want to say anything now so as not to jinx it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Count, I'm aware of the thread. But nothing's done until an announcement is official. Hopefully Sal, the Penguin and Standing Robin will all come to be.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the announcement, if any, is what we're waiting for. Keeping my fingers crossed. Oh sorry, please no crosses.
BTW: Phil, you read that PM I sent you?

Luke

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
The Electric Mayhem mini's would be next. We will have to wait and see if either comes to be at this point.
I believe the EM Minis have been ruled out now, i guess with them being a direct item they know they can't make it work wheras things like Sal depend on the retailers. Ken made some comment making it pretty clear because he was getting a lot of questions on em.

beaker

Reaction score
Luke said:
I believe the EM Minis have been ruled out now, i guess with them being a direct item they know they can't make it work wheras things like Sal depend on the retailers. Ken made some comment making it pretty clear because he was getting a lot of questions on em.
Don't say that Luke...we dont know that for sure:smile:

The Count said:
Well... Don't want to say cause nothing's known at this time but... Ken did post a thread asking for people's help with getting him high-res scans or digital pics of a Muppet penguin. So maybe there's still some hope, though I don't want to say anything now so as not to jinx it.
For those that belong to the Palisades club, nice pix of the penguin action fiugure were already shown awhile ago.

And I'm still curious as to whether the Electric Mayhem pvcs will come out.
Like Phil, I'm really hoping that Sal/penguin and the EM pvcs will somehow fidn a way to get out. I also question the reasoning behind making some figures exclusives to that gosh awful looking site 'cheap figures'(they should hire frogboy to do something with their site)

Also, what's up with that Gobo Fraggle figure? Man I wish they could have snuck him in as an exclusive before the buyout happened.