Series 3 Article Larger Images:

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Jamie,

I just wanted to saya big thanks on behalf of us all for doing this - muchos appreciated.

It's cool seeing all the new sculpts larger than life - to be honest, i'm still not completely digging this new scooter to the old one. I got your Marty Feldman reference and noticed the differences, but not sure if the change on the glasses has squashed his face up a tad too much. Maybe they've gone a tiny bit too far with that. I guess we'll see once they get painted.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You are certainly welcome. Scooter is not perfect - his glasses are a bit too large, but they do look much better than the other ones. Luke, this "squshing" you are referring to is simply exposing the sides of his head more. Compare the pic to my avatar and then tell me what you think. Much better than rhe original. It really is an issue of largeness - and it was intentional for some reason. Maybe they coiuldn't QC any smaller. We'll know for sure once it is in color.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
You are certainly welcome. Scooter is not perfect - his glasses are a bit too large, but they do look much better than the other ones. Luke, this "squshing" you are referring to is simply exposing the sides of his head more. Compare the pic to my avatar and then tell me what you think. Much better than rhe original. It really is an issue of largeness - and it was intentional for some reason. Maybe they coiuldn't QC any smaller. We'll know for sure once it is in color.
Scooter looks a lot better than he did.

Luke

Reaction score
Jamie,

From looking at your avatar i can clearly see that Scooters glasses should be closer together. I look at the new Palisades prototype and i see that change has been made, but somehow it's made the overall look less 'Scooterish'. As you say, we'll see once it gets painted, it's hard to tell without.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Less Scooterish? I don't get it. Maybe I need a new perscription. LOL! Just don't agree at all.

Luke

Reaction score
Well to sum it up in plain English for you - he doesn't look like your avatar image. Maybe it's something else besides the glasses, thats all i was trying to say. The glasses look better and more true to the character, but overall, in your words - not perfect !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wel....I'll say it in Swahili for you. LOL! It's the size of his glasses making him less Scooterish. I have seen glass-less pictures of the prototype that look just fine. If they took a Bunsen shrin-ray to them, it would look perfect. Probably 10-15% oversized.

Luke

Reaction score
Ok oui je le vois maintenant ...... err i mean ok yes, i see it now. As you say the glasses are too large, but it was the amount of 'skin' exposed by bunching them closer together that confused me. Normally with his glasses being smaller thats all more in proportion. So these protos are made larger - you think when it gets downsized the glasses will fix themselves or are we ending up a Scooter thats blind as a bat ? :rolleyes: