Series 6 commentary

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
OK, I can't rightly call this a review cause Mr Crawford combines beautiful pictures with eloquent words, and a whole 4 star system... I don't wanna do that cause A: I am lazy, and B: it's being done by Micheal Crawford already. Not cgonna sample another mans Wheaties and call em mine... I don't even know what that means, so don't ask.

Statler & Waldorf: They certainly have some decent sculpts, and the tomatoes, Carrot and Avacado (even though I already made my OWN carrot and tomatoes...) are excellent. When I get my digital camera, I will certainly post pics of all my cool stuff. Besides that though, the Dentured Duo certainly come with great props. As for the figures, the sculpts are AWESOME, and the articulation is great, AND unique. I still am not sure how the hip joints work, and am terrified of breaking them. They swivel at the waist, and the hip joints are... Well, you ahve to buy them to see. I have yet to see an action figure with this type of joint. Lemme know what you think. Two excellent figures, nonetheless.

Bear On Patrol Fozzie: What a great figure. All the accessories (at least in my version) that are supposed to fit on the belt, although the handcuffs (wich actual chain links) don't fit into what is, I assume, the proper belt pouch. The articulation is unique (he has wrist joints and elbow joints which are both new to Fozzie) as well as waist swivel action!!! There are several doughnuts in store for this figure as soon as I get out the sculpey. The sculpt, the parts that ARE new, are great, and the badge can even be read if you look really hard!!!

Clifford: Well, it's Clifford. The sculpt is great, the paint apps are awesome, and the accessories fit. I think. I have never seen Muppets Tonight. So I don't know. But it looks like the pictures I have seen. The dreadlocks are all rubbery and cool, so that's good. The articulation is super, even if he can't use his own cell phone unless both parties are yelling... But the sunglasses plug into his hair very well!!! this was a cool way to set them up and keep them on the head, with it's slippery nose and all.

Vacation Pepe: These guys sure are on a roll!!! Although I still await the Pepe in a suit, I sure dig this fig, with actual simulated inflatable toy, which is kinda squishy. The articulation is no great shakes, but the accessories more than make up for it. And now I have a vacation buddy for Fozzie, which is pretty cool in and of itself. Currently my Muppets are on "vacation" for Spring Break on Koozebane!!! They are being interviewed by Reporter Kermit as we speak.

Pigs In Space Playset??? Go see Micheals review. I can't top that and he basically said it all.

That's all from me, hope you liked it and at least one of you agrees with me...

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Nice new format guys!!!

First off, nice format to the boards.. Me likee...
Thanks for the vote of confidence Fozzie, although everyone else here appears to be shy in regards to replying here... Anyway, I figured out where Ken and Crew got the idea for Statler and Waldorf's hip articulation... There was a Boy Elf figure for the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer figures. It's exactly the same form of joint... I don't know if this is related or not... hopefully Palisades came up with this first..> but then, I don't know... Anyway, mystery solved. It's still ingenious, I am just not sure it's Ken's.

jediX

Reaction score
My only beef with this series is how ridiculously stuck my Clifford's elbows are... I can't even bend his right one. Other than that, the only series-wide issue is, as usual, paint application misdeeds. Oh well.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
These figures are wonderful! You know, the one I was least excited about was Patrol Bear Fozzie. Don't get me wrong--Fozzie's just about my favorite Muppet, but I already have regular Fozzie, Vacation Fozzie, and Invisible Fozzie. I just didn't think I needed another one. But he's such a cool figure! I didn't know that all of the accessories were going to plug into the belt like that. How cool is that? The rest of the figures are terrific as well. I think I got the repaint Clifford when I meant to get the regular one, but I really like the color pattern. I also really like Statler and Waldorf--the figures are cool and the accessories are great. If I squint just enough I can even read the Playbill.

All in all, a really well-done series. Can't wait to find the Swine Trek!

jediX

Reaction score
S&W are my faves of the series, although Clifford is pretty awesome now that I've got the sticky joint issue solved. Even though I wasn't really excited about Patrol Bear either, I got him anyway just in case they come out w/ a playset.