Series 9 Paint Issues

homerthegreat

Reaction score
I posted this over at Palisades, but I wanted to see the response over here.

Anyone have any paint issues with their Series 9 sets? I found this to be the stickiest and sloppiest series to date. Here's why--

Pops-Nothing extremely bad, just a bunch of paint splotches on the top of his desk. I covered 'em up with his accessories, so that won't be a bad problem. Pops himself is one of the best painted figures in this line, I think.

Fozzie-Well, he had to dry when I took him out of his clamshell. I picked him up, and found my hands to be covered with black paint...I was a bit dissapointed. Next, his joke bok was sloppily painted. When I took that out I found most of the white stayed nside the bubble! Now the cover writing is smeared.

Chef-Fine. No bad paint spots. Best one in the set. Although...I will say, the colour is off. The skin is too dark, and the apron is not exactly "white". THe paint in the protos was perfect--why do you guys always change it?

Lips-I took out the figure, placed him on the table--and my jaw dropped. In his stomach there was a big thumbprint. I guess the pain was still wet...as it stll was on the Javas...I felt the bottom and woop...I now have a pink thumb. But I saved the Lips...I managed to find the right white, and I painted over the thumb print.

After reading this you might think to yourself, "Wow, this guy really hates Series 9!" BUt, in fact, I don't. I love the accessories, and characters...I couldn't be happier with more Muppet Veggies and a BLUNDERBUSSS!!! Yes, Series 9 still fulfills my need for Muppety goodness. Thanks, even if there are paint problems.

Anyone else have issues with the paint, or was I just extremely unlucky?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
could something like that happen if a shipment got too hot? I know things like that can happen with certain toys...were all the figures bought at the same store?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
It might have been a bad batch, maybe they didnt allow long enough to allow it to dry.
I've opened the packets where the paint has been a bit sticky so I usually leave it a little while to properly dry before I take them out of the packets. A while back a little bit of paint came off because I didnt allow it to dry before I got them out of the packet. It was only a bit on the joints so its no problem.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I have not yet received my Lips (Arrival date: 01/04!) but my other three Series 9 figures were fine. I love the Chef's paint...I think he looks leagues better than the previous Chef. Pops is dead on and Fozzie, though his eyes are a bit googly, is okay. I just stand him at an angle so his eyes aren't noticeable.

However, my Series 8 Marvin Suggs and Dr. Van Neuter are still sticky, though I've had them for a long time now. I don't really care because I don't touch them much but I'm just surprised they haven't yet dried.

I ordered the brown shirt version of Lips, and I will be sure to be extra careful with him just in case his paint is wet. Thanks for the heads up.

T

timrikthegorf

You're series 8 figures will not dry. It's a chemical thing, not a wet thing. They are eternally sticky.

homerthegreat

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
Fozzie, though his eyes are a bit googly, is okay.
Yeah, I've heard a lot abuot this, and even my figures, who were poorly painted, have perfect eyes. They're completely fine!

Whatever

Reaction score
Mine has no problems, and I think the Chef is perfect. As is Pops.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
i just had a look then and my dr phil van neuter is still sticky, and its been very hot here and ive had him since before September.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
This sounds interesting.I don't have any Palisades figures,thought about it.Just wondering,why is the paint wet at all on any of your figures? I would think the figures are like any other doll.I collect comic dolls,they're still in the plastic.Is it a common thing to have errors in the Palisades figures? Any info. will be helpful,not just to me,to anyone in MC collecting these.Thanks.