Sesame cameos in Muppets take Manhattan

PiLfan

Reaction score
i was watching this film last night for the first time in over a decade, and i forgot about the cameo appearance the classic sesame street gang makes at the end in the wedding chapel.

it was great to see the classic characters all together...including the ones who seem to have disappeared....cookie, bert and ernie of course with the speaking roles, then i remember seeing Herry, Grover, the Count, Frieda (now called Ingrid i think), buster the horse, oscar, Forgetful Jones, Biff and Sully, Big Bird, Guy Smiley...and off to the side you can barely see Telly, and there's even an early Elmo next to him (you can only spot him when the camera does a quick pan over the scene). funny to see where the two muppets who would eventually take over the street were relegated to at the time of this movie's filming...when both were still obscure characters.

that's who i saw anyway...did i miss any other sesame muppets who made an appearance during this film? what about the other muppet films (Great Muppet Caper, etc)...did sesame characters (other than Kermit) make an appearance in those as well?

BEAR

Reaction score
Big Bird had a great cameo in The Muppet Movie in the middle of Kermit and Fozzie's song "Movin' Right Along," and Oscar appeared in The Great Muppet Caper.

By the way, it always cracks me up to see Biff and Sully at the wedding because they are dressed in formal wear yet still have their hardhats on.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think deena and Pearl were at the wedding, and I think I saw Simon Soundman there. Also, I think Telly was a major character at the time that movie was made.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I think deena and Pearl were at the wedding, and I think I saw Simon Soundman there. Also, I think Telly was a major character at the time that movie was made.

I was thinking about that too. The Muppets Take Manhattan was filmed in 1983, a year before Follow That Bird started filming (1984). By the Time FTB began, Telly was a principal character.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
One of the Scenes when the gang goes to Pete's, you can see a puppeteer opperating a Bird puppet and a little Cookie Monster puppet in the background.