Sesame Character Questions

maxdrive

Reaction score
Is there a website that llists all the seseme street muppets with there pics i found a muppet show site that did this and i was wondering if there was one for sesame street just so i know all the diffrent caracters names that we dont see so much the diffrent mosnters that dont apear so often the diffrent whatever muppets that were ont he show.

I have a another question concerning the muppets and the muppeteers since disney now owns the muppets does that mean the muppeteers that did certain sesame street caracters cant do them any more i watched a biography and saw the person who did kermit also did ernie and i was wondering if now kermit cant be on any more sesame street epps does that mean new puppeteers have to be hired or is disney letting them work on both shows

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, thought I'd pop in and help.
1 You're talking about Kermitage fright?
Well, there's not a site like that for SS persay, but there is the SS Encyclopedia website. Someone might come in here and post the link for you, don't have it myself.
2 As for a list of SS characters, it's by no means 100% complete, but you could head on to the Classic Muppets section of this forum and take a gander at my Muppet Listings 14.0 thread.
3 Well, not sure how to answer your questions about the Muppeteers. There is a definitive answer for Kermit though, he hasn't appeared in any SS episodes since the sale of the SS characters back to SW and the Muppet characters to Disney.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

maxdrive

Reaction score
i know i didnt have a question about that but steve whitmore and other muppeteers that also did ss caracters steve took over jim's ss caracters when he died like ernie does that mean he doesnt do them any more

i only used kermit as a reverence to caracter he does i jsut meant since kermit is now property of disney does that mean the muppeteer is kinda there property to work where they want you know

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No, Steve Whitmire will still perform Ernie and any other SS characters he may happen to perform, same with Jerry Nelson if he's up to performing these days.
Twas nice of JFS to post a link to the encyclopedia, wonder if they've been keeping pace with my listings though.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'd post this under the actual "Muppet Listings 14.0" thread, but if I go to the first page, my computer freezes because it's so gosh darn long, but phenominal work none the less, Count. At any rate, have you considered ever adding the respective puppeteers to the characters in the list? Or is that left up to the Henson Database website?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Vic. The reason why I haven't added the names of who performs what Muppet character is cause...
1 The list is just that at this time, a list of all known characters from the Muppet Universe.
2 When I finish my Law studies and start working on the research to publish this in earnest, then the Muppeteers will be added to each respective character like at the Henson Database run by Muppet_dk or the SS Encyclopedia run by Thijs and Warrick.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

maxdrive

Reaction score
Thansk for the link janice it is a great site

one last question any sites that i can download full skits of sesame street like grovers near and far skit or bert and ernie skits or ernie songs

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The Count said:
No, Steve Whitmire will still perform Ernie and any other SS characters he may happen to perform, same with Jerry Nelson if he's up to performing these days.
I have a question about that then. Why did John Tartaigola perform Ernie on Play With Me Sesame then? If Steve is still the official performer of Ernie, wasn't he availabe for season two of that show. What's the deal there?