Sesame Country

scarecroe

Reaction score
Was this ever released on CD? Or just cassette and LP?

Sesame Country
  1. Sesame Jamboree - Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Grover, The Count, Ernie, Bert, Oscar
  2. Songs - Crystal Gayle and Big Bird
  3. The Last Cookie Roundup - Cookie Monster
  4. Keep on Smilin' - Glen Campbell and Oscar the Grouch
  5. Count Von Count's Continuous Country Cookin' Downhome Diner - The Count, Cookie Monster, Ernie, Grover, Herry, Big Bird & Bert
  6. Kin Folk - Ernie, Bert and Oscar the Grouch
  7. Count on Me - Loretta Lynn and The Count
  8. Takin' Turns - Big Bird, Grover, Oscar, Ernie, The Count and Bert
  9. You'll Never Take the Texas Out of Me - Tanya Tucker and Big Bird
  10. Roll Over - Cookie Monster, Herry Monster, Grover, Ernie, Bert, Oscar, Count & Big Bird
  11. Sesame Jamboree (Reprise) - Big Bird, Oscar, Grover, Cookie Monster, Ernie, Bert, Count & Herry Monster

scarecroe

Reaction score
By the way, if it was, I'm 90% sure that it wouldn't have been released in the batch that Sony Wonder put out in the 90's.

I believe the cassette was released on Golden Music's Western Publishing division which was also responsible for releasing the Joe Raposo and Jim Henson tribute CDs, so I thought this might have made the cut for CD as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can just picture Big Bird with a Cowboy Hat on, somking a cigarette, with the caption, "Welcome to Sesame Country!'

Sorry. That just sounds like that.

scarecroe

Reaction score
By the way (again), is Track 2 ("Songs") the same as the number at the end of Elmopalooza with Jon Stewart and the cast?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't get Big Bird singing you'll never take the Texas out of me... he's from New York! Maybe Forgetful Jones or Polly Darton, maybe. But Big Bird?

Who sings Thank God I'm a country Boy, then? Biff the Construction worker? Sherlock Hemlock? Moishe Oofnik?

Sorry... I'm in a mood because My Spring Break is going to be colder than the Winter Break....:attitude: :halo:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I have the Sesame Country tape. Don't know if it was ever released as a CD.

That song, "Songs" goes something like this....

Songs, are around whenever you need them....

Ring a bell?

scarecroe

Reaction score
Yep, that's the one in Elmopalooza. I have 4 Golden Music cassette tapes which are nice as they've got stuff that hasn't been released on CD. I'd like to get my hands on this one too, prolly eBay at some point, but I wondered if it made the jump to CD at any point.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Since I never find out about these obscure albums except for here on the forums, I have a question I was hoping you could indulge me on. Just what's the Count's Downhome Diner about? Help me appreciate this song a little better by walking me through the song. Thanks for the help, and have a good fright.