Sesame Day at Shea Stadium

MelissaY1

Reaction score
In my email this morning (I subscribe to the NY Mets newsletter): apparently tomorrow is Sesame Street Day at Shea Stadium! Children get a free Sesame coloring book and a walkaround Ernie is going to be there. Too bad I gotta work.....

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Anything else? Do you know how long it's going on for? I'm surprised with the stadium closing there's not more publicity for this.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Anything else? Do you know how long it's going on for? I'm surprised with the stadium closing there's not more publicity for this.

It's for one day, for tomorrow's game (Thursday August 7th). That's why it's Sesame Street DAY. LOL That's the promotion. I'm not surprised there's not more promotion. Mets do a promotion at almost every home game and each day is different. They can't over promote any one more than the other. Went a few weeks ago for the Take HER Out to the Ballgame promotion where all the women received body lotions and a Mets tote bag.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'd go to a balll game with Ernie anyday, but not without him 'cause I don't like sports.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
A walk around Ernie you say? Is he going to play any tricks? :big_grin:

fleecenotfelt

Reaction score
sorry for the delayed reply folks!

YESSS I DID GO TO THIS!

there was an ernie walkaround, everyone got (well the kids, i just demanded) a little coloring book that coincided with the count on sports dvd---- clearly the day was to promote the count on sports dvd. they played little commercials/trailers for the dvd too!

BUUUUTTTTT! even though it was sesame day........... IT WAS ALSO AMERICAN IDOL DAY TOO! which was cool b/c david cook made an appearance-- he threw the first pitch and led the 7th inning stretch. BUT IT WAS ALSO LAME, b/c it totally overshadowed SESAME DAY.

also, the game itself was pretty amazing. david wright hit a home run in the last inning to win the game. w00t! go mets!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
sorry for the delayed reply folks!

YESSS I DID GO TO THIS!

there was an ernie walkaround, everyone got (well the kids, i just demanded) a little coloring book that coincided with the count on sports dvd---- clearly the day was to promote the count on sports dvd. they played little commercials/trailers for the dvd too!

BUUUUTTTTT! even though it was sesame day........... IT WAS ALSO AMERICAN IDOL DAY TOO! which was cool b/c david cook made an appearance-- he threw the first pitch and led the 7th inning stretch. BUT IT WAS ALSO LAME, b/c it totally overshadowed SESAME DAY.

also, the game itself was pretty amazing. david wright hit a home run in the last inning to win the game. w00t! go mets!
COOL. Glad someone got to attend this. Yuch, I could've done without the American Idol tie-in.