Sesame English

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about "Sesame English"?

I know it airs in Shanghai and Taiwan - is it on anywhere else? Has anyone ever seen it? I tried watching some clips on the Sesame Workshop website but the links to the video files were broken.

Gonzo

Reaction score
If anyone would know, it would probably be Warrick--he's got a website called "Sesame World" were he discusses all of the international shows he could get his mitts on....

Quinnnnnn

Jackie

Reaction score
Yeah Warrick would definitely be the person I go to. He's on vacation or something though. He should hopefully be back soon. WE MISS Warrick!

Smig

Reaction score
Teddy Ruxpin belongs in Oscar's trash..but then again, even a grouch has standards.:rolleyes:

Smig

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Smig
Teddy Ruxpin belongs in Oscar's trash..but then again, even a grouch has standards.:rolleyes:

Smig
LOL, would you like me to get rid of my sig?

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Sesame English is taped at Lifetime Studios in Astoria,New York.There is only one Muppet on the show,and he's Tingo,a yellow-orange,green,and purple monster(almost bearing resemblence to a tiger).Tingo is performed by John Tartaglia.

Here's the website:

http://www.sesameenglish.com/

Ryan

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
Sesame English is taped at Lifetime Studios in Astoria,New York.There is only one Muppet on the show,and he's Tingo,a yellow-orange,green,and purple monster(almost bearing resemblence to a tiger).Tingo is performed by John Tartaglia.

Here's the website:

http://www.sesameenglish.com/
I may be wrong, but I also think it's aired in parts of Europe including Italy.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember seeing Sesame English when I vacationed in Japan a couple of years ago. I was watching a SS episode dubbed in Japanese. It was the one where Lulu kept singing, Wheels on the Bus.

But instead of the Elmo's World segment, they had Sesame English. It showed Tingo talking to us in Japanese. Then a teenage girl came into the house speaking English. And Tingo started speaking English to her. But then they'd pause a few times so that Tingo could talk to us in Japanese. Then they'd pause again to show some classic skits in English. The ones I saw that day were, Count it Higher, and the pinball 10 cartoon. It was really interesting to see what SS is like in Japan. :smile:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember seeing Sesame English when I vacationed in Japan a couple of years ago. I was watching a SS episode dubbed in Japanese. It was the one where Lulu kept singing, Wheels on the Bus.

But instead of the Elmo's World segment, they had Sesame English. It showed Tingo talking to us in Japanese. Then a teenage girl came into the house speaking English. And Tingo started speaking English to her. But then they'd pause a few times so that Tingo could talk to us in Japanese. Then they'd pause again to show some classic skits in English. The ones I saw that day were, Count it Higher, and the pinball 10 cartoon. It was really interesting to see what SS is like in Japan.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have seen Sesame English as well.

Tingo's performer is John Tartaglia, and he kinda sounds like Gonzo. I think John can be the :concern: understudy.

But right now, they have a Japanese version of SS, which seems to be not doing so well. The only American Muppets on it are Big Bird, Cookie, and Elmo, and they have four Japanese Muppets: Mojabo, Teena, Arthur, and Pierre, and no Ernie, Bert, Oscar, Grover, The Count, etc. in sight, which I think is making fans over there mad with fury. Remember the time when Scrappy joined Scooby-Doo and the gang? Well SS fans in Tokyo have an ever bigger problem!

But, Sesame Street Partners Japan, which was formed by SW and Japanese companies to make the local version, also owns the rights to SS over there in addition to the Japanese one. So basically whatever SS is or will be out there-be it online content, special events...anything...SSPJ will be the ones who will manage all that. And there's still SS stuff going on there. The Sesame BB site, which has online clips, games(most of them from the SS site), and whatnot, the Sesame Mobile thing, and they still have the Sesame Place theme park. And there's Universal Studios Osaka, which has a lot of really cool SS stuff. I have seen them on auctions.yahoo.co.jp. And there will be a Sesame Street Live show in August.