1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame pics unveiled at Toy Fair

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by theprawncracker, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Really? Mine is
    Fraggle
    Muppet
    Sesame

If I had a choice Id olny collect the Fraggles if they only did one! I mean, there is Sesame merchandise every were I turn, its nice to have somthing different for a change! Like The Electric Mayhem. I was kind of disapointed when the news of sesame line was announced I was hoppong for Fraggles! Who knows if we are lucky, we may get ALL 3!!!! Lets Pray. We can re-enact Muppet Family Christmas!
  2. I know! Ernie looks like a kind of bat creature, like his face is pointed and his ears point up! :p
  3. tmb1975

tmb1975 New Member

I love these, but yes, Ernie does look a bit tall and slender. Maybe they'll refine him a bit more?

I don't care though, because I'm scooping these things up the second they hit the shelves. Sesame is my #1 favorite, followed by TMS. Never got into Fraggle. :)
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I think it's just so cool they are coming out with Guy Smiley and Two Headed Monster/FranknStein right off the bat. That rules. Sorry Toys 4 Fun, but it had to happen like this.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

They all look great, but the Ernie seems off to me... sort of like they used the 1970's version... and In all honesty, I never did like how 1970's Ernie looked. 80's Ernie and Bert looked so much better. Not as overperfected as the 90's ones.

But then again, we haven't seen them in turn around yet, and they usually look better from different angles then a dead on view.

But still a 10000000% improvement off the other toy company, which shall remain nameless...
  6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Well, here's something to keep in mind. When those S1 prototypes were shown, the prototype of Ernie had a 100% sized head on a 105% sized body. So yes, PT knows that the figure shown at Toy Fair was oddly out of proportion.
    But I wouldn't worry about it too much, you know they'll get it right before releasing the figures in late summer or fall.
  7. PiggyPerson

PiggyPerson New Member

I want Oscar and Ernie :grouchy: :p
  8. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I just saw these at Comic-Con two weeks ago. They are still using the same figures and calling them prototypes. My reaction on seeing them was that Ernie was too tall... and that was before I read any of this thread. So, they haven't changed him yet.

However, they did have the Big Bird proto there also and it was very nice!

:p
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Yeah, until they hit the market or Palisades SAYS "Final Version," everything we'll see on the net are just prototypes, tweaking shall be done. As far as color of characters (which you'll see a lot of, too) we have to remember that lighting isn't always so hot where they take photos, so we don't get the best representation online.
  10. The Count

Actually... If you wanna see what's been done with the figures so far in terms of tooling...
    Go over to the Palisades Toys forum's Sesame Street section, and check out a thread named "Big Bird Improvements" I started. Post #60 posted by Ken shows the figures updated sculpts and paints in their proposed blister packaging. He admits that there are a lot of issues that'll be addressed in revisions... Including Ernie's vertical-striped sweater.
  11. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Those pictures don't really show the figures very well. They are some what grainy and blurry and at awkwards angles. They do give a nice preview of the accessories though. You can kind of see the BEat the Clock game wall and you can see the letters. Good stuff really. I hope we hear about the playset pieces soon.
  12. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

I just took a gander over there, and my opinion of these figures has changed. Guy Smiley is now my favorite, and probably the one I'll be buying. If some revisions are made to Ernie- specifically, moving the pupils down a little and a MAJOR head-and-neck revision to size it out right- he'll probably be coming home too. It's sad, as Ernie is my favorite SS character, and he's the one I figured Palisades could do no wrong with, but unfortunately they did. :cry:
  13. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

That is a first shot paint sample. It is no where near the final product. Not even close. It was the first time the facvtory painted it. Usuaklly all first shot paint samples are horribly wrong. Just look at Guy's eyes, they aren't so great either.
  14. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

True perhaps, but they're marginally better than the rest. In terms of body shape, Guy is also the most accurate.
  15. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Good news: I visited Tough Pigs, and the figures have been updated, and now have accessories:

The Two-Headed Monster (Notice the beard (which will likely change later. And it's got a SS Beetles record album!)
    http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showphoto.php?photo=29233&cat=3247

Guy Smiley (Check out that clock!!)
    http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showphoto.php?photo=29232&cat=3247

Oscar the Grouch (Does the newspaper headline sound familiar?)
    http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showphoto.php?photo=29230&cat=3247

Ernie (with a Mick Swagger and the Cobble Stones record album!)
    http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showphoto.php?photo=29231&cat=3247

and "Oscar's Special Area" (aka "outdoor nest area")
    http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showphoto.php?photo=29225&cat=3247

More pictures (different angles--who's Danny Bailey?)
    http://www.action-figure.com/events/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=3779
  16. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I'm excited about these and can't wait to get them!
  17. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Ditto! They look so amazing, and the accessories are just perfect; fantastic references to past characters, songs, and segments. I love that the "Beat the Time" clock is very accurate, and I didn't expect that the Cobble Stones would ever be heard from again!

There were also possibilities of a Little Jerry and/ or Chris and the Alphabeats records, but for now they're on hold (but it will definitely be worth the wait).
  18. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

OH YEA! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
  19. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Wow, these look great! Now all I need is a time and place to buy them, and I'll be a happy camper.

:)
  20. The Count

Yaey! The pics are also up over at Palisades' forum in the Sesame Street section in a thread called obviously enough...

A... B... C... D... Street.

Glad to finally hear about the accessories, or at least some of them. The record albums are a rull treat. Hope that clock has its 20 seconds marked. If so, that might be my favorite piece, to recreate a classic moment with my guy when he gets released in S2 I hope.

As for the 2HM's beard, I trust Palisades, but maybe some nagging might help things along.