Sesame pics unveiled at Toy Fair

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
TWO QUESTIONS:

1) Does anyone have a release date for Wave 1?

2) Are the 123 Brownstone and Big Bird's house going to be released as playsets, or are they for this particular display only?

NEVER MIND

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
You know, you could take a Palisades Kermit the Frog and stick him on the street.

Then you could pretend it was the Sesame Street of yesteryear.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
You know, you could take a Palisades Kermit the Frog and stick him on the street.

Then you could pretend it was the Sesame Street of yesteryear.
:smile: That's what I'm planning. I also would like to see an Orange Oscar exclusive. Maybe with a golden garbage can just for variety. :grouchy: Heck, I'll probably get some extra penguins for my Sesame display.

I also wonder if the windows on the sets will be transparent to enable display of characters through the windows.

Can't wait to see how they handle Big Bird (the most poorly represented SS character in terms of likeness). I know they'll do him proud.

Ooooh, and Roosevelt too. Love that little guy. :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
These had to be the coolest Toy Fair pix next to Zim...I mena Palisades: Muppets, Sesame, Invader Zim...does it get any better? Well yes, if they could release that Gobo figure they made...but!

Wow, so cool. Love the diorama thing. Tho Ernie man, whats up with him? He needs to be shorter and stockier.

for those worried about Palisades not doing any more Muppets, think of this as the new continuation of that line. It's no coinceidence they are in the exact same style and scale of those:smile:

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Man, can you imagine when all of the Waves of the SESAME STREET line are finally out?

Witih all of the MUPPET SHOW and SESAME STREET Muppets, you can re-create the grand finale of THE MUPPET MOVIE!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
These are lovely and wonderful! Hooray for Palisades! Man that Oscar figure is a thing of beauty!!

:grouchy:

beaker

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Man, can you imagine when all of the Waves of the SESAME STREET line are finally out?

Witih all of the MUPPET SHOW and SESAME STREET Muppets, you can re-create the grand finale of THE MUPPET MOVIE!
Yeah Palisades has definately scored big. Now I know, there's a lot of Muppet fans that cant stand Sesame...but to me Sesame is a part of Muppet canon as Fraggle Rock.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't consider myself a big SS fan, but I do love the characters. I just favor the Muppet Show and Fraggle guys more. They were MIA for so long and I suppose absence does make the heart grow fonder. :excited: :concern: :frown:

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
beaker said:
Yeah Palisades has definately scored big. Now I know, there's a lot of Muppet fans that cant stand Sesame...but to me Sesame is a part of Muppet canon as Fraggle Rock.

For me, it's the other way around.

I prefer the Muppets as:

1. Sesame
2. Muppet Show
3. Fraggle Rock

If I had a choice of only collecting one line of Muppet toys, it'd be Sesame, hands down.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The "Street" is a facade not actual playsets, a different section coming with each figure, and after having seen these pics (thank you BTW, theprawncracker), I didn't think they'd be that big, even though I saw the sketches on the Made in China section over at Palisades.

I think in general, these figures will sell more then TMS figs, so because of retailer support, we should get a good run... then again, if the street is that big, I'm worried if retailers might not want to devote that kind of shelf space.

Does anyone know if these are prototypes or final sculpts? Oscar looks perfect, but Ernie and particularly for me; Guy Smiley seem like they could use a little refining, it could also be the photos themselves... not that I care, I'm gonna' buy them all anyway!

My Koozebane Kermit will have his home on the street.